British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much consideration, I've decided to offer up my alligator snapping turtle for sale...
This is a large turtle, and will get larger. She's almost two feet, and requires at least 300
gallons. I will only sell to keepers who can provide this sort of enclosure, either an
indoor pond, or very very large aquarium. If anyone has an appropriate size home, but it
is made of acrylic, she will damage it very quickly and it will be unattractive in no time.
Im listing her for $600, but for the right home I will negotiate. I'm in no rush to sell
her, if I can't find the right home I will just keep her. These turtles can get well over 60
pounds, the males are unimaginably larger (luckily mines female). I will not sell her to
anyone who doesn't have the space requirements that this species needs at adulthood.
Thanks to all who read this.

·
Registered
128 Posts
sounds too cool! would love to see pictures of her and the setup. what do you feed with?

Reactions: Jousters

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will certianly send pictures if someone is seriously interested in the animal, I may just upload some later tho.
I give her salmon almost daily, i also use crayfish, shrimp, cod, tilapia, bass, some snails and freshwater clams if I can find them
Occasionally I give her chicks, she can eat almost any meat you offer, including rodents, chickens, etc, but it is important not too feed her things which may be harmful.
I have a list of dos and donuts, if you'd like me to type it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts