British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am fairly new to owning snails, but I did know that with these snails you needed both a female and male to reproduce. I knew I had both females, because I saw them lay eggs, I removed them at first. Then around Christmas they both laid 6 altogether, but I left for Calgary and said I would remove them after I got back. Fast forward over a week, and I came back to hundreds of babies. I was told to get certain fish to eat them, but I couldn't. To date, they are about pea size, and are either gold or ivory. If there is any interest, I would like to sell them for pretty cheap, looking for $1 each.

I am located in Willoughby, Langley.

Side note: I have already gone to Fish Addicts, they were kind enough to take 50, but want them to be bigger when I bring more in next time. Tank is very crowded, and don't want to wait to long. Also, there was a hidden clutch that was laid behind my filter, and not I have another hundred little specks that I have to wait to grow. :eek:

Also, any help on knowing where else to sell them would be appreciated as well!

·
Registered
373 Posts
bump!
I have one of her snails and its eating detritus and algae like a trooper. Zooming all over the tank~

To get rid of others... perhaps try phoning around to some other local fish store? Rodgers Aquatics in surrey may be willing to take some, perhaps Mr. Pets in maple ridge? Some of the better chain stores may be willing to take them in as well. I think on this forum there is a Petland sponsor (kim seems to be quite active on here, maybe shoot a pm over?)
King ed pets in Burnaby and/or Aquariums West in downtown vancouver might also be willing but they are quite a bit further away from you.

It may also be worth a try to post up a craigslist advert if you haven't yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts