British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has a navy green color, and around its bashers it has 2 flourescing light blue circles. Fascinating colors, but i dont know much about mantis shrimps so unfortuneatly i dont exactly know its species.

looks exactly like this one here http://www.underwatertimes.com/news3/mantis_shrimp_rainbow.jpg

I trained it to eat frozen krill and other frozen foods from a skewer (I can give that to you as well if you want).

$20 O.B.O. Want it gone ASAP because im starting freshwater again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi,

I think it is a Gonodactylus smithii. A nice stomatopod for the home aquaria. I would take it if I weren't down sizing for the summer holidays. Good luck with the sale.:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Last summer, I had a smithii in an ap12 with lots of LR and macro.

Being an idiot, I was put a vrey large toadstool into this tank which for some reaon or another, died.

This in turn caused my macro (largely caulerpa) to go sexual which left very little oxygen (and I'm sure tonnes of nutrients/toxins) for my poor manty...

I found him dead, likely poisoned by the toxins from the toadstool or chocked out from the lack of oxygen.

Lesson learned, but this tank has just been a glorified frag tank for a while now and I initially rescaped for another mantis, but haven't got one yet...

so I have a very good mantis habitat ready to go...

Lets meet at JL.

·
Registered
173 Posts
did you find a Home, Bump bump...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts