Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have 8 home bred axolotl that are up for sale. They are about the length of 2 quarters, bred from a father of wild and a mother of albino axolotl.

Here is the breeding journal: http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/bree...5/my-axolotl-breeding-journal-lots-pic-76041/

They eat Hikari frozen bloodworm, and Hikari frozen brine shrimp, and some pellets.

When they are fully grown they need 10 gallon for 1 or 20-25 gallon for 2; but for now, you can grow them in a small container, which I will provide with your purchase.

If you prefer to raise them in their containers, it is recommended that you use a turkey baster to change the small amount of water in the BPA free container daily.
Or you can put them in a 2.5, 5 gallon or 10 gallon tank with a filter to raise them. If you do it this way, it is not necessary to change water daily. A sand, or barebottom substrate is preferred.

Axolotl is pretty much extinct in natural and an expensive permit is require to import the captive bred ones. It takes a lot of time to raise them. They are therefore quite rare and expensive to buy.

I would like to offer these 8 axolotl to BCA members first before putting them up for sale on CL and Kijiji and such.

My family have been really enjoying this experience of watching them grow in front of our eyes and taking care of them. It has been very educational and exciting for my children. I hope you will enjoy this experience as much as we have.:)

Two morph for sale:

--Leutistic axolotl, all have very long gills with pink filament, have arms, starting to have legs growing out as well. You can see the little back legs coming out from the back just behind his/her tummy, all about the length of 2 quarters. I am offering one that has not has his/her back legs out yet for a bit cheaper. This one should have the legs out in about 1-2 weeks. This type is usually preferred by little children--it is very cute and has a face that looks like a baby.

--Gray spotted wild, long gills with dark grey filament, have arms and most of them have tiny legs as well. The ones whose legs have not come out yet are labelled as such and is cheaper. Legs should start to come out in 1-2 weeks. If you are interested in building a natural biotope for your axolotl, the wild type will be perfect.

If you buy 2 at the same time, I will offer a $2 discount on the total; if you buy 3 at the same time, $3 off the total and so on.

It is too early to sex them yet so if you want to have a chance to have a pair it is recommended that you buy more than 1. They will be much more active when you keep more than 1. A high activity level will help their gills to grow longer.

Here are the picture of each one of them:

No.1, leutistic axolotl $22 CAD SOLD

No.2, leutistic axolotl $22 CAD SOLD

No.3, leutistic axolotl $22 CAD SOLD

No.4, leutistic axolotl (no back legs yet) $20 CADSOLD

No.5, leutistic axolotl $22 CAD

No.6, leutistic axolotl $22 CAD

No.7, wild spotted axolotl $18 CAD SOLD

No.8, wild spotted axolotl (no legs yet) $15 CAD SOLD

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
3 sold, 5 left, thanks a lot for the interest.
They have grown a bit longer already thanks to power feeding of frozen bloodworm, brine shrimp, microworm, daphnia along with daily 100% water change.
Once they have all their limbs fully developed the price will go up.

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please let me know via PM which one you want and your address. I will find out how much and we can use Interac e-transfer or PayPal to take care of the payment:). Thank you.

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 more sold, only 2 available now. Thanks a lot.
They have grown and are bigger now but I will honor the price for the last 2.
Add a baby "pokemon" to your tank now!

·
Banned
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All sold, thank you. They have all gone to new homes with very good owners.:)
I want to also thank all the stores/sponsors who have contacted me for quantity purchase.
Thank you everyone.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.