British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
They are gorgeous fish! What size tank do they need? And, where is Green Timber?
Green Timbers is in Surrey. Not too far from Surrey Centre Sky Train.

Best regards,

Stuart

Tankless in Vancouver

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great looking fish.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hey what's the minimum tank size you recommend for one/pair? Also beautiful fish if you ever have em again when I have a species only tank set-up I'll take some :D

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are gorgeous fish! What size tank do they need? And, where is Green Timber?
Hey what's the minimum tank size you recommend for one/pair? Also beautiful fish if you ever have em again when I have a species only tank set-up I'll take some :D
For a single pair, a properly set up nano tank can create a good home for them. Something around 5 gallon with heater and a small sponge filter, and lots of plants to create comfy hiding spots would be ideal~ I am near 140st and 104ave near Green Timber park!

Green Timbers is in Surrey. Not too far from Surrey Centre Sky Train.

Best regards,

Stuart

Tankless in Vancouver
Hey Stu, still tankless? Hope all are going well with you and family!

Great looking fish.
Thank you!! :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
For a single pair, a properly set up nano tank can create a good home for them. Something around 5 gallon with heater and a small sponge filter, and lots of plants to create comfy hiding spots would be ideal~ I am near 140st and 104ave near Green Timber park!

Hey Stu, still tankless? Hope all are going well with you and family!

Thank you!! :)
Alright so they aren't at all like normal Bettas where the males are aggressive that's nice cause I want to put em in a Fluval Edge or something in the future.

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright so they aren't at all like normal Bettas where the males are aggressive that's nice cause I want to put em in a Fluval Edge or something in the future.
They do well in school once they established their packing order. I was able to keep a shoal of around 50 in a 30 gallons without aggression issue.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts