British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some crayfishs that needs a new home.

They are not blue thought... they look like the ones u see at IPU. I bought the female from IPU and the staff told me that they will turn blue, but they never did.

I have one that's about 2 inch big and some about 1 inch big, and a load of 0.5inch ones.

$5 each for the bigger ones (2 inch and 1 inch)

$3 each for the smaller ones (buy 5 get 1 free =))

pick up in Richmond.

BYOC (Bring your own container)

Thanks!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Probably marble crays.
I concur from the sounds of it. I found they do turn blue with lots of water changes and lots of dark time.

Frozen bloodworms made mine red :D

I'm sure puffer keepers without a colony of these will come a knocking. Perfectly fun as pets too.

g'luck with sale.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Away from the light

if they stay in the dark for a period of time and only come out for food i saw that mine went from no blue just red to dark blue it was pretty cool get a dark log

·
Registered
264 Posts
apparently there's some guy running around marketing these marbles as electric blues. that's how I got my "marble cray in every tank" project going. It was really blue when I bought it at two inches and remained that colour for two months, but the smaller claws pretty well gave it away.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, i am not too sure, but so far my endlers and platies are doing ok with them. but its never 100% safe to put crayfish with any fish.

ttt there are still some left.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have 4 platies, 4 endlers and 7 snails living with a few crayfish in the same thank and they are all doing fine... well up until now... they've been together for a couple months at least...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts