1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
11''Large oscar Tiger/red - 30.00
8''Jaguar (f)- 25.00
6''Jack demsey (f) - 10.00
7'' Parrot - 25.00
4'' Green terror - 15.00
6" wild columbian severum (f) 30.00
2 3" jewel cichlids - 10.00/2 (paired, not proven breeders)
3" rainbow cichlid (f) - 5.00 (proven breeder)
3" Blue acara's - 7.00 (10 available)

Discus

5" rose red - 60.00 (my fave.)
4.5" pigeon blood - 60.00 (from richards breeds)
4.5" carnation turquoise - 60.00 (small head injury)
4" red turquoise - 60.00
4" Pigeon blood - 40.00 (nick in tail)
Pics - http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/member-photo-gallery-17/my-160-discus-2373/

Fish for free if you buy some
5'' Sydontis cats
8'' bala shark
11'' pleco (common)

Pics are hard in the holding tank, here are some old pics

(the discoloration in his tail is now gone)

(the fin splits are now gone)

(holding fry)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
is that a convict? how much is it?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope no convict.

I lost the male columbian, not sure what took him. I Have a tank full of fry, and not enough space so i think the female might have to go :( Just updated the list i forgot to add. Remember these are rare to make it across the border, got her in portland. They are a mouth brooder, so i dont know if they would be able to breed with any other severum. In all my reserch i didnt find much info on them. I am really quite a fan of there looks though, they have the most vivid red eyes out of all the severums. I will likley try and pick up another pair when i visit portland again. THat one was bought at "the wet spot", likley the largest cichlid store on the western coast.

asking Price, as stated above, is 30.00

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
what is it in the 4th picture then, Im interested...And how much is he/she?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I was quite taken by the colour I though she was an extremely fine green Sev. Mouth Brooder wow. It would be interesting to see her behaviour with a different type of sev.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have no room currently for the 6" sev, soon though if I can ever get my big tank set up.
Can you put me on the list when you sell off the fry, am very interested in some of them.
Whats the temperment like on the adults when they arent breeding?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Snow, no it isnt. That is old stock. I am keeping your pair :) They havnt bread yet but they are dancing and have there colours in full tilt

Gilmlid, Columbian severums make it to my #2 spot in fave severums. I am a big fan of wild looking fish, and watching these guys interact with other fish. They get intence red eyes, and have small red dots similar to a red severum but they are more semetrical. They rated #1 in my favroit breeds i have ever done, only because they are the best parents ever. They let you see the fry, by releasing them, but if they feel threatened in any way they bring them all back in there mouth. They are the only american cichlid like this that i know of, and they can breed in a mixed show tank! They were in with an 11 inch oscar, a breeding pair of green terrors, a parrot, my 2 rotkeils, a jack dempsey, a jaguar, all in a 100 gallon tank. I was having trouble with the bioload as it is because the tank was majorly over stocked, i was deffinatly not expecting fry! In any sence, they are one of the more dosile fish out there, but that being said they wont take crap. They will not be picked on, and because they have size on there side, they can rival most american cichlids.

In terms of the fry, they are all doing well growing! I will likley upgrade them from a 20 gallon into 100 gallon as soon as i sell the rest of these cichlids. Its too bad i lost the breeding male, i would love to get another breed from these guys. I will likley be getting another pair as soon as possible.

Alex

·
Registered
743 Posts
thats great I really like fish that arent too tense about everything. Please put me down for some fry maybe 4 or 5. If the female is still around in 2-4 weeks I would consider her as well. She is certainly nice looking.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awesome :)

Okay everything is For trade now,

I am looking for: Driftwood
Panda Corys
Tank canopys for 5' and 6' tanks
Peacock bass
Bristle nose plecos

1 - 13 of 13 Posts