British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be putting up for sale my crystal red/black breeding operation.

Consists of 7 tanks plumbed to sump.

Top row of tanks, 5 20 gallon tanks- drilled with overflow, each tank on individually adjustable water inflow

Middle row is a 90 gallon main breeder tank and a 50 gallon cube- each plumbed with over flow, top tanks feed overflow to 90 as well
As dual water inflow lines on each tank.

All seven tanks totaling 240 gallons, flow into multi chamber dump with sponge filtration,massive amount of k-7 bio filter on air, then onto ceramic bio filtration, more sponges and finally pumped by a very strong Eheim 2029 water pump to feed all tanks -coralife uv filter inline turbo 12x.

In addition I have a 40g short feeder tank for holding water that is fed by reverse osmosis unit- tank with drilled overflow to drain, this is an automated system by float shut off valve

Incredible full spectrum led lighting with built in air exchange just upgraded. $1800 in lights alone- on timers for daytime, blue moon lights on separate timer
Large volume air pump for sump, deep water air pump for tanks

Foam filters on each 20 gallon tank,eheim proE3 filter on 90g tank and fluval 207 on 50.

Tonnes of gear to support a breeding operation including nets, significant amount of ADA substrate, foods, test kits, supplements, aquascape gear,

All tanks fit neatly on a 60" x24" commercial powder coated black shelving unit. All tanks plumbed as a unit. Over engineered, over filtered.

Close to $8,000 invested, sales of shrimp over past two years have netted same. Setup is operational but I have sold off shrimp as career change has taken majority of time.

Want to know more? Give me a pm and we can talk more about it. Can send pics and details to serious players, willing to offer support and assist in set up if need be.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
What an awesome set up...a great way to get into serious shrimp breeding for someone who has the time, money and inclination :big smile:

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
Please post a price as per classified section rules. Good luck with the sale.

Respectfully,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will get some pics up, and yes, plecos and discus would do quite well here.

For 7 tanks,commercial shelving,30 gallon sump, large volume air pump/lines/stones and eheim recirculating pump $1800

Lights - led light bank 55 leds per set up- -dual fans - full spectrum on own switch, blue moon on another- both adjustable full to dim- $150 each- I have 5- in total

Eheim professional 3e with triple tray loaded with Eheim Substrat - $350

Turbo twist 12x 36wattt with unused bulb- $150 ready to go

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts