Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 pieces of driftwood (price drop to $25 for all) or $10/each

7 manzanita branches (price drop to $25 for all)

For images, I can repost old images if requested or search my recent posts in the classified archive
I have pics of both you can find there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pretty upset with the lowball offers.

If anyone wants to pick them up within the next hour or 2 for $40 takes all
Text 604-783-8337

Otherwise I'll be dousing them in lighter fluid and burning them to the ground before the end of the night. Cause I'd rather do that than get ripped off.

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts

Have a nice day
I know exactly how you feel guy, it really Pi***S me off with all the jerks that are offering insulting offers "you people know who you are" :rolleyes:, I just took down my reef tank and went through the same BS! :mad: I would rather give the stuff to friends than let these bottom feeders get it.
Hey all you lowballing dorks " STOP IT" This site in the past was here to help each other out, it's going towards being like an Aquatic Value Village store on line, and that's not the intention of BC Aquaria.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have no problem with low ball offers, an offer is an offer. Just say no thanks. Most that are serious will come back with closer to your asking. And u can't be in a rush to sell, not everyone is on this site 24/7. If it takes a couple/few weeks to sell something, so be it. I have been slowly selling off my fishroom for 6 months now. Giving out good deals, and usually getting close to asking. This is not a retail site, ask a fair price, laugh at the low ball offers, and wait out your asking.....

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lol unfortunately that fire pit was firmly in the ground. It was quite nice, agreed.
Sat there and had a few beers down by the lake watching that driftwood burn!
Couldn't have asked for a more peaceful and serene send off.

P.s.
Had been trying to sell the dw on several occasions with the same results, even when price was lowered, the offers just got lowered as well. Oh well.

They went to good use. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have no problem with low ball offers, an offer is an offer. Just say no thanks. Most that are serious will come back with closer to your asking. And u can't be in a rush to sell, not everyone is on this site 24/7. If it takes a couple/few weeks to sell something, so be it. I have been slowly selling off my fishroom for 6 months now. Giving out good deals, and usually getting close to asking. This is not a retail site, ask a fair price, laugh at the low ball offers, and wait out your asking.....
Agreed..... Unfortunately, this is the reality for most things that are offered on the "resale" market. I generally sell on CL and usually offer things at lower than what it's worth. If I want to get rid of something quickly, I sell for much less than its value otherwise, I wait it out by ignoring lowballers. No use in getting stressed out over nominal amounts of money or items that I no longer want/need.

Cheers
Junior

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
It's good that you have good humour about it. But the next time you should maybe make a game out of it. Once all the lowballs come in, have a contest to see who can guess what the lowest lowball price is that person gets one of the pieces of wood as a prize. Might as well get some entertainment out of this. :D

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I was gonna ask where the fish were

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Just to chime in... The market dictates the price and if everybody was asking for less then that's how much it was worth at that time. All ego aside it does hurt when other people don't see eye to eye with you and to get offered lower prices but its not their fault that there are other options, they are on a budget or they just want a deal. I think*** the next time you sell something you should try not to*** let your ego get in the way and wait it out - I'm sure some money is better than nothing in this day and age =).

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.