British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3 items for sale. Pics below. Pick up in South East Van (Killarney). PM me if interested.

(1) Fluval 205. Brand new in box. It came with a Fluval Studio setup and I used a different light and different filter on it, so this one was never used. The only thing is it does NOT come with the tubing because I used that. You can purchase the tubing separately. It comes with a couple of freebies shown in the pic. Asking $100. Now $80.

(2) Hagen GLO 24-inch 2x24W light fixture, with bulbs. Same thing: it came with a Fluval Studio setup and I used a different light. This is complete with suspension wires as well. Zoom in the pic to see the type of bulbs included. Bulbs are brand new as well. Asking $120. Now $100..

(3) Used CO2 setup. I used it for about a year but I wasn't careful enough and I had a couple of accidents and lost a few fish as a result. I decided that I just don't spend enough time around my tanks at the moment to monitor things carefully, and so I'm going back to low tech. This package is the J&L package with a 5-pound cylinder with Milwaukee regulator/valve and solenoid. Comes with a ladder diffuser. The cylinder was last checked in Nov 2014 and therefore it is due for inspection now before you use it. Asking $180. Update: CO2 package is sold.

Prices are firm, but if you think the price on one or more items is unreasonable (and can argument your claim!), I'll be willing to listen.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Happy New Year Franck. Great deals especially on the co2 setup. Reminds me I have to unload a lot of extra stuff too. More garage clean up again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: crazy72

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Call me old-fashioned, but I like fluorescent lights more than LEDs, for planted tanks. The LED lights are pretty but the fluorescent are (for me) more forgiving. This Glo fixture is really nice. Does it have to be hung from above, or can it sit on the tank? Can it fit on a 36 inch tank? (Not that I have a 36 inch tank quite yet, but I'm working on it.)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Maureen,

It can also sit on the tank, and yes, it has integrated metal legs that extend out to accommodate longer tanks. It says here (24 Inch 2x24 Watt Hagen Glo T5 HO Linear Fluorescent Lighting Fixture) that it can go to 40 inches. That seems a little long to me, but 36 inches would be fine I'm sure. That being said, there is a 36 inch version of this fixture so if you think you like it, I would recommend looking for that instead. I think it would look much better on a 36 inch tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts