British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought these two filters off a woman on craigslist today. She told me that they were COMPLETE FILTERS, they were not! I don't want to spend another penny on these filters purchasing new parts so I'm gonna sell them for a better price. These two filters are Fluval 404 and Fluval 406. So you can either strip these for parts or buy some more parts on ebay and make 'em work. I don't have the time or the energy so I'm not going to do either.

So the first filter is the Fluval 404. The bottom of the canister has a minor leak in it (the craigslist woman did not mention this ==), I used some silicon, patched it up, filled it with water and now it holds water just fine. Also, one of the clips on the impeller is broken and the impeller is also missing. The cover still stays on so I don't really know if the broken side is much of a problem, but I thought I should still mention it. The motor head and everything else works just fine, I plugged it in to check. However, I couldn't get the water from the output to flow on its own when it was in the tank. The water flowed perfectly when the filter was sitting in a bucket on the floor but once I brought it up higher, the flow stopped. I gave up after a while of priming it but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out.
****SELLING THIS FOR $50****

The second filter ist he Fluval 406 ( I believe its the newest model). This one has no leaks or anything of the sort. It is however missing the impeller, impeller cover, as well as all the media. Now I specifically asked the craigslist woman whether media was included and she told me it was (freakin' liar!!!! :mad:). Only two out of the four foam pads are included (No idea what the craigslist woman did with them). Also, the primer knob is broken so I was unable to get it started. The motor and everything else works though!
****SELLING THIS FOR $50****

I will sell both filters together for $90

2013-08-18 20.44.43.jpg 2013-08-18 20.33.56.jpg 2013-08-18 20.41.44.jpg 2013-08-18 20.41.05.jpg

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts