Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow aquarium enthusiast,

My 33 gallon mixed African tank is getting a little crowded. So it is time to thin the heard. The 33 gallon African mixed tank houses 3"-4" male Maylandia callainos Blue Cobalt african Cichlids, and pseudotropheus socolofi at 2.5", melanochromis auratus at 2"-3". I also have a 29 gallon species tank of Sciaenochromis fryeri ( electric blue hap) at 1.5"-2". I also have marbled crayfish sized at 1.5". All have been breed in my aquariums and are very healthy. I only feed these guys new life spectrum color enhancing 1mm sinking pellets. I'm only asking $5.00 bucks each to recoup some of the food cost. I can give deals on larger purchases. A great addition to any Mbuna setup, or a great start on a new mbuna setup. I need to make room for my baby Aulonocara baenschi (Yellow peacocks) .Pm me if interested. I'm located in Vancouver near broadway skytrain station. Pick up only. Reasonable offers will be considered. More pictures will be added to thread below.

8a04b90f.jpg 6580421b.jpg 9e8ee012.jpg b02ede05.jpg 06bdea22.jpg

I am willing to trade fish for the following:

200 watt submersible heater
Drift wood
Other African cichlids, specificly a 4"+ male red zebra, 3"+ female johanni, 3"+ yellow lab female
Aquaclear 50 HOB filters and media
Timers for lights

Hope to hear from you

Teal'c

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
they look lovely as usual Jason

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brisch!!! Wish I could help you out, and adopt your guys.but I just got 6 demasoni from April today and want introduce them to my new 90 gallon first, before adding anything else. Good luck on finding them a home.

Teal'c aka Jason

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
nice clour, :)
i woundering is Dolphin Cichlid and yours ( Blue Cobalt African Cichlid ) is same ?:confused:
because i am looking Dolphin Cichlid. thks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice clour, :)
i woundering is Dolphin Cichlid and yours ( Blue Cobalt African Cichlid ) is same ?:confused:
because i am looking Dolphin Cichlid. thks
Hello,

Two different species.

Malawi mbuna, Maylandia callainos, Blue Cobalt Cichlid.

And

Malawi Haplochromines, Cyrtocara moorii, blue dolphin cichlid.

Hope you find what your looking for

Teal'c

·
Banned
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Here are some pictures of the metriaclima pyrsontos red dorsal.

Sorry to inform you but all of these red tops have been rehomed. I will let you all know when the parents breed again.

Males

Females

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hello,

Two different species.

Malawi mbuna, Maylandia callainos, Blue Cobalt Cichlid.

And

Malawi Haplochromines, Cyrtocara moorii, blue dolphin cichlid.

Hope you find what your looking for

Teal'c
IS Maylandia callainos, blue cobalt same as Metriaclima callainos cobalt zebra?

Thanks

btw, the fish looks stunning. pm'd u..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IS Maylandia callainos, blue cobalt same as Metriaclima callainos cobalt zebra?

Thanks

btw, the fish looks stunning. pm'd u..
Hello,

The scientific name of the blue cobalt depends on who you ask. They are know by pseudotropheus callianos, metriaclima callianos, and maylandia callianos. And sometimes pseudotropeus estherae. It would be nice for some one to officially classify it with one of the above. I still have a few left, so if interested pm me and we can setup a time to view.

Thanks

Teal'c

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Thank you to everyone that stopped by this weekend to pick up some of the African cichlids. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have. If any one has any questions about keeping these guys feel free to send me a pm.

To anyone still interested, I do have some cobalts, socolofi and auratus left. But the red dorsal are all gone.

Thank you to all that have read this thread and extra thank you to BCA for a great forum for to rehome fish.

:)

Teal'c aka Jason

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Updated ad with new fish and crayfish. Pics of the Sciaenochromis fryeri( electric blue hap) will be added as soon as I can get a good picture. Pm me if interested in these guys and we can work some thing out.

Teal'c

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.