British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just did a major trimming... this plant grows like crazy. Various lengths from 6" to 24"... Take all or some... I guess its for sale, but i'd rather trade for some other type of plant to diversify my tankscape. Pic on the far right is what it looks like in the tank, secured by the decoration (doesn't root)

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
It's hornwort, I just gave some to members last week. It grows like crazy, but is very beautiful and great for the water quality!
How you managed to secure it with decorations? That is my main issue with it as it keeps spliting itself in pieces everytime I try to attach it with something or even put it around the filter. It is beautiful like that, but it can't stay in vertical position for more then a week for me :) Which is a shame as I have a betta and don't want the whole surface covered.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's hornwort, I just gave some to members last week. It grows like crazy, but is very beautiful and great for the water quality!
How you managed to secure it with decorations? That is my main issue with it as it keeps spliting itself in pieces everytime I try to attach it with something or even put it around the filter. It is beautiful like that, but it can't stay in vertical position for more then a week for me :) Which is a shame as I have a betta and don't want the whole surface covered.
I take multiple strands and secure them under a decoration... the weight of the decoration will hold the plant down, but it grows quite fast... about 1ft per month, continually splitting... it looks really nice vertical, and will create quite a floating mass once it gets longer than the height of the tank. When it gets too big/bushy just trim it down :)

·
Registered
957 Posts
Good for you. I don't seem to be able to keep be under anything :) It just splits there and float again.

Highly recommended as it is easy, fast growing, great for the water quality, low demands :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.