British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to circumstances within my family I am giving up the hobby. All of these for sale are eating frozen and some are taking pellets.

Up for sale:

3 6"-9" Mazan Mono Peacock Bass $100 each OBO

2 12" Temensis peacock Bass $100 OBO SOLD

2 14" Peru Mono Peacock Bass $100 OBO SOLD

1 12" Male Johanna Pike and 1 12" Female Johanna Pike $120/pr

1 14" Niger Catfish AKA Ripsaw Cat $75 OBO Eats everything except live fish!!! A gentle giant PENDING

1 7" Male Flowerhorn/Red Texas cross $75 OBO

1 14" Female Black Arowana $200 OBO Will throw in 14" Male Silver Arowana. These 2 are a pair I think. They swim together constantly. PENDING

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I'm very, very sorry to hear this, Kolewolf. I hope that everything is okay with your family.

All my tanks are small and have tiny fish in them, so I can't take any of your gorgeous big ones. But I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you're getting out of the hobby and I hope that it's temporary.

·
Registered
177 Posts
nooo kole!!!! thats not cool!.. but i do hope everything is okay and you'll get back into this hobby asap my friend!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Awww... noooo... sorry to hear that, hope ur doing good though!! Wish i had the room to take the niger catfish!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone but it is due to a promotion at work and a family member needing to move in with us. I have been working cray hours and have not been able to keep up with or enjoy the tanks the way I should. I lost my beloved Tigrinus 2 days ago and that was the last straw.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Thanks everyone but it is due to a promotion at work and a family member needing to move in with us. I have been working cray hours and have not been able to keep up with or enjoy the tanks the way I should. I lost my beloved Tigrinus 2 days ago and that was the last straw.
oh thats good to hear .. sorry about the tig .. :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
Kole,

You are making the right decision. Once you established your career, you can always restart your hobby later. Congratulation to a well deserved promotion !!!! Your exceptional people skills will definitely an advantage as well as speeding up your career.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kole,

You are making the right decision. Once you established your career, you can always restart your hobby later. Congratulation to a well deserved promotion !!!! Your exceptional people skills will definitely an advantage as well as speeding up your career.
Thanks Peter!! Always good to here from you!!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
This is a serious loss for the local aquarist community and for BCA. I hope we'll see you back at some point, and all the best with your career and your family.

I'm glad I got to see your tank in time! :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
I feel your pain. It is tough to have a family, a career and a time consuming hobby all balanced.
I had to downsize my MTS a while back and give up some fish that I really liked.
Luckily when when additional family moved in and my career took me out of town for months, the family stepped in to help care for the fish and did a great job.
You made the right choice for sure, I would have given all my fish up for the family had they been unable to care for the fish.
Hope to see you again on line. You put out some great posts.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Kole,

i agree. you can always come back when you're ready. i've been a salty ever since and planning to go back someday when i'm ready. for now, i'll concentrate on the planted tank.

congrats kole on you promotion!!!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I am really sorry to hear that you are stepping down from the hobby.

Hopefully you can get back into it in the near future. I know how hard it is...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts