British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About a year ago I decided to start a colony of Heterandria formosa. Also known as the Least Killifish or Dwarf Livebearer, this is one of the smallest livebearing fish in the world. Females reach 1 ½ inches max, and males are less than an inch when full grown.

It was a very successful attempt and now I have enough fish to share. These are really difficult to find in Canada. A year ago the only person I could locate who was selling them lived in Toronto. So, I broke the bank and had some shipped. If you'd like to try starting a colony of your own, I will sell trios (two females and one male) for $35. Or, if you want three females and two males the price will be $55. No contact pickup in Cloverdale. Sorry, I can't ship.

These are very easy to keep. They will eat anything and are fine at room temperature. I have kept them with shrimp in the past. This is NOT the Mosquito Fish, which is illegal in BC. This is an entirely different unrelated species and is not banned.

Edit: There are one or two fish in the pictures which are lighter in color than the rest. I believe there are some albinos in the gene pool. I will be selecting fish with normal outward colors for sale.

IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8123.jpg

IMG_8124.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

IMG_8128.JPG

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are still available. I could perhaps arrange a pickup near Lonsdale Quay in North Van.

·
Registered
572 Posts
These are still available. I could perhaps arrange a pickup near Lonsdale Quay in North Van.
Hi Tom, I'm interested in picking up 3 males and 2 females (55$). Can you please send me a text at 778 840 8188 to arrange for a pickup time and for me to get your address? Thanks!

Dou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts