British Columbia Aquariums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The leak is on one of the seams on the side glass. I did try to fix it but the seam was too small and ended up chipping the glass. The chip is no more than 2mm. The picture of the chip looks worse than it actually is. The chip is round and smooth with no sharp edges. The glass itself is 1/2 thick so I don't think the chip would be a structual issue. The dimension is 60x18x24. Asking 50.00

IMG_7650.jpg

IMG_7658.jpg

·
Registered
722 Posts
how far down the side is the leak (at what depth)?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The leak was only a couple of inches down but I ended up pulling bout 12 inches of silcone out down to where there was a good bond. The first 12 inches was saturated with water. That is why I had to go down so far. So basically, you need to reseal the first 12 inches and the other 12 inches after that is fine. Hope that make sense. The hard part is trying to get new silicone between the seams.

·
Registered
916 Posts
What are the dimensions of the tank ? also can you take a photo of the top corner of the upper frame ( wish to know how its made ) or tell me if its a one piece top frame or has the little square ends.one last thing ...is there a decal on the bottom glass stating its tempered ?
just thinking if I could rebuild it to be less deep ....(front to back ).
bill

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the dimensions of the tank ? also can you take a photo of the top corner of the upper frame ( wish to know how its made ) or tell me if its a one piece top frame or has the little square ends.one last thing ...is there a decal on the bottom glass stating its tempered ?
just thinking if I could rebuild it to be less deep ....(front to back ).
bill
The tank is Hagen. The dimension is 60x18x24. The tank is not tempered. No sticker. The black frame is just cosmetic. If I did not answer your question correctly, I can still take a picture for you. I live by 41st and Fraser if you want to take a look. It's outside now. I do have a steel frame finished with wood I will be selling later that was made for the tank if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
you still have this? i need a bigger tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.