British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Mermaid weed for sale 10 stems for $10 and I will throw in lots of sunset hygro if u like...

here is a pics....
this plant can be tricky to grow for others but some people I know find it easy...

·
Registered
141 Posts
i've had a hard time with mine. (24" deep tank with 5 t-5 on stagered timing) The depth of the tank seems to make it hard for it to get started ( some algae growth on the lower leaves) BUT once it 4" or so tall, it grows great. Seems to be just another one of those high light plants. Slow grower for me as well ( no CO2)

Great looking plant! wanna buy some more, but ..... well..... bad things will happen if i spend money on the tanks right now ;) ;) lol

bump bump bump, someone buy this up so i'm not tempted any more! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,279 Posts
Mine grows like stink in a 12" deep tank with CO2, 3WPG, and ADA I. Bump for good deal too. Knowing Bien, he'll give you a Safeway bag full of sunset hygro.

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
957 Posts
Well, I should try, right :) I know low light and low demanding plants are best for my tank, so I rather just stick with them then handle another rotten one + the disappointment. It's not about the money :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these r the actual plant that in the packg. they r way bigger than the one in the picture..thanks for looking

·
Super Moderator
5,279 Posts
these r the actual plant that in the packg. they r way bigger than the one in the picture..thanks for looking

Hey Bien.

I got your mermaid weed a while back it it has grown into stunning plants. On a sidenote, how many WPG are you running? Here's what mine does at 3 WPG in a 12" tank :)!

Just thought i would share how variable this species can be :D !

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi Stu, I have mine in my 44 gal cube with an old MH/ 10,000 k/coralife bulb

Hey Bien.

I got your mermaid weed a while back it it has grown into stunning plants. On a sidenote, how many WPG are you running? Here's what mine does at 3 WPG in a 12" tank :)!

Just thought i would share how variable this species can be :D !

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
5,279 Posts
So the cube is your Mermaid Weed farm...... I should come by one of these days and check out your tanks AGAIN. It is always a pleasure to see your art on display :)!

Best Regards,

Stuart

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.