British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,
Have some Opae Ula (Halocaridina rubra) for sale - these guys are a brackish water shrimp that are super resilient and can live up to 20 years! If you are looking for something very low maintenance (only top offs, no heater or filtration, almost no feeding) on a desk top these guys are perfect. Asking $4 each - thanks!

Water Vertebrate Leaf Natural environment Botany
Underwater Organism Marine biology Coral Reef

I have them in a 5 gallon with a very gentle matten style filter and a heater as I want them to breed...But they can be happy in a jar :). Here are some examples.

Plant Green Vertebrate Blue Light

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hey everyone,
Have some Opae Ula (Halocaridina rubra) for sale - these guys are a brackish water shrimp that are super resilient and can live up to 20 years! If you are looking for something very low maintenance (only top offs, no heater or filtration, almost no feeding) on a desk top these guys are perfect. Asking $4 each - thanks!

View attachment 179656 View attachment 179662

I have them in a 5 gallon with a very gentle matten style filter and a heater as I want them to breed...But they can be happy in a jar :). Here are some examples.

View attachment 179660
Interested. Will send a pm

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey everyone,

View attachment 179660
Hey everyone,

View attachment 179660
Good day would you have any opae ula still or again?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes i do. They have been breeding :). How many are you interested in?
I apologize in advance, I am very computer illiterate I put this in the right section of this website. I supposed it would be best to ask the price for say 20 and 50 and 100? That would determine how many I need. For what it's worth I do not intend to keep them in any globes or use them as feed.

Thanks!

gg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey everyone,

View attachment 179660
I would definately take more sir. I would take all you have up to 50.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone,

View attachment 179660
hoping to get some.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am looking for 10 to 20 of them and my email is [email protected], I can pay shipping and hope to hear from you. I have been looking for awhile and finally found a Canadian seller.
Hey Mathius, at this point I'm not super comfortable shipping them - it's cold enough outside now that unless if I get a heat pack even shipping it in an insulated box they might get too cold. When I got my colony start the first shipment I got from Ontario happened in April and even then it was too cold for the shrimp and the first batch was all DOA. Let me look into some options - my sister in law is in Calgary and I'll see when she might be visiting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Mathius, at this point I'm not super comfortable shipping them - it's cold enough outside now that unless if I get a heat pack even shipping it in an insulated box they might get too cold. When I got my colony start the first shipment I got from Ontario happened in April and even then it was too cold for the shrimp and the first batch was all DOA. Let me look into some options - my sister in law is in Calgary and I'll see when she might be visiting.
thank you so much for helping me, I got excited because I have been looking for so long. I can wait until better temperatures. I'm just glad that there is a chance to get them, keep me in touch about availability.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you so much for helping me, I got excited because I have been looking for so long. I can wait until better temperatures. I'm just glad that there is a chance to get them, keep me in touch about availability.
No problem - when I was looking for them I was in the same shoe - no availability locally at all. Yup don't worry, when warmer weather comes there will be lots of opies for you :).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts