British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for a change for me. I am selling my breeding pair of kribensis and moving on to Apistos. These guys are healthy and have already given me 2 batches of fry (between 30 and 40 each time). I bought them from different places so as to mix the genetic material. They have been quiet for a few weeks now, so they might be ready for action again. Selling for $10. You can also have a krib cave for an extra $7.

I am having problems uploading photos this morning, so I don't have great pics to show, but it's them on the first pic here, and then it's Mom with a batch of fry on the second pic.

Pick-up only in Killarney. PM me.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
oh they are beautiful, you know you can keep kribs and apisto's together right....at least I do and there are no problems

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yes, I thought of that, but my experience with kribs (and I read much the same about Apistos), is that they are perfectly sociable with other fish, until they spawn. Then they become... well.. less sociable, to put in nicely. So because I want to breed Apistos, I figured it would be asking for trouble to mix them up.

At the moment I have hatchet fish in there with the kribs, and that works well, probably because they stay at the surface and the kribs don't see them as a threat.

·
Registered
259 Posts
We had a krib in with our cacatuoides for a while and they got along great. The two types swim very differently from each other so it looks a little strange watching them, lol.

oh they are beautiful, you know you can keep kribs and apisto's together right....at least I do and there are no problems

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I will take them both if you still have them, Ill my number to you

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will take them both if you still have them, Ill my number to you
Sorry, I should have closed the thread. They're long gone. I'll PM you the name of the buyer in case you want to make him an offer that he can't refuse :D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.