British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Unfortunately I have to let these tanks go... just not enough room and too dangerous to add more tanks where I want them to be. Not parting out sorry =[.

Package #1: SOLD

Fluval Edge 6G (9/10 conditions, 17x13.7x14.3" / ~43x34x36cm, with the top cut off, it basically looks like a rimless tank)
50W Marina Heater
AC20 Filter (with media)
Chihiros 36CM Light w/ Metal Hangers (adjustable height)
Cost: 120$

Package #2:

ADA 30W 3.5G, formerly MiniS (8/10 condition, 1 scratch near the front bottom left about 6 cm arch, 2-3 scratches on the right side, bottom has a bit but you won't notice, did not notice until I inspected more closely now)
Chihiros 30cm Light w/ Standard Plastic Hanger (non-adjustable, sits about 5cm above tank)
AC20 Filter (with media)
Foam Mat to Size
Cost: 100$

BONUS: Buy either package, select one of the following for free: 1x Up!Aqua CO2 Piercer (for paintball cartridgers) OR 1x Air-line Splitter (1 tube to 4 tubes) OR Floating Fish Feeder OR Shrimp Food Holder (circular dish, 5cm diameter)

Photos to follow soon. Pickup in Richmond, or along Canada line. I am going to April's most likely this weekend so I can meet you there too... Please text 778 840 8188 or PM me

Best,
Dou

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi all,

Unfortunately I have to let these tanks go... just not enough room and too dangerous to add more tanks where I want them to be. Not parting out sorry =[.

Package #1:

Fluval Edge 6G (9/10 conditions, 17x13.7x14.3" / ~43x34x36cm, with the top cut off, it basically looks like a rimless tank)
50W Heater (Forgot Brand)
AC20 Filter (with media)

Package #2:

ADA 30W 3.5G, formerly MiniS (8.5/10 condition, 1 scratch near the front bottom left about 6 cm arch, did not notice until I emptied tank)
Chihiros 30cm Light w/ Standard Plastic Hanger (non-adjusted, sits about 5cm above tank)
AC20 Filter (with media)

BONUS: Buy either package, select one of the following for free: 1x Up!Aqua CO2 Piercer (for paintball cartridgers) OR 1x Air-line Splitter (1 tube to 4 tubes) OR Floating Fish Feeder OR Shrimp Food Holder (circular dish, 5cm diameter)

Photos to follow soon. Pickup in Richmond, or along Canada line. I am going to April's most likely this weekend so I can meet you there too... Please text 778 840 8188 or PM me

Best,
Dou
Do you have a PIC of the 30w?
I've been looking to start a shrimp tank :]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Do you have a PIC of the 30w?
I've been looking to start a shrimp tank :]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Added a photo to original post - the 30W has a couple more scratches than I thought but I am adding in a mat to go underneath (so price remains the same). It would be a good tank for a shrimp tank BUT... for neocaridinas only (RCS, Bloody Mary, Blue Velvet, Jade Green, etc.). I would not recommend keeping crystal reds/blacks/bkks/wine reds/etc. in this tank unless you know exactly what you're doing. I think the Fluval edge is a safer bet if you want to keep japanese bees. The fluval edge is actually a really good size to do a lot of things in - not just keeping shrimp.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey just sent you a PM,

Yea thinking about it, 3 gallons isn't alot regardless of what species i go with.
Sounds good - I just replied to your PM. As a FYI/clarification, the Chihiros light is 36cm and the tank is 43cm - so about 8cm difference total. However with the adjustable height bracket add-on, it can fit just snug. Whoever comes to get it I'll probably attach the adjustable height bracket beforehand just to show you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi all,

Package #1: SOLD

50W Marina Heater
AC20 Filter (with media)

Package #2:

ADA 30W 3.5G, formerly MiniS (8/10 condition, 1 scratch near the front bottom left about 6 cm arch, 2-3 scratches on the right side, bottom has a bit but you won't notice, did not notice until I inspected more closely now)
Chihiros 30cm Light w/ Standard Plastic Hanger (non-adjustable, sits about 5cm above tank)
AC20 Filter (with media)
Foam Mat to Size

Best,
Dou
That is a cute little tank. Big enough for a school of chili raspborras?

Just out of curiosity, do you know if this the same size tank that is in the middle of Aquariums West - where there are 3 in a row on a top shelf?

Are you sure its a 3 gal? This link says its 5g.

thanks,
Jessica

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jessica,

Yup it's definitely big enough for small nano fish - however rasboras are known to jump in general. If you were to make use of this tank to keep nanofish - I would recommend to make sure there is plenty of cover so they feel safe and/or are not spooked (whether it be floating plants, larger plants, large anubias, etc). IMO, this is an ideal tank for keeping a betta.

This is not the same size - IIRC those at AQW are cubes. This is not the MiniM - but the MiniS, so it's a bit smaller. Please see this link - ADA Cube Garden 30W Aquarium (Ultra High Clarity Glass) â€" Aqua Forest Aquarium

That is a cute little tank. Big enough for a school of chili raspborras?

Just out of curiosity, do you know if this the same size tank that is in the middle of Aquariums West - where there are 3 in a row on a top shelf?

Are you sure its a 3 gal? This link says its 5g.

thanks,
Jessica

1 - 10 of 10 Posts