Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have about 20, 2 inch specimens from my second batch. These guys are a great addition to any community tank as they are not aggresive towards tank mates. I only feed these guys new life spectrum and blood worms. They are colored up and very stunning. I am asking $5.00 each or 4 for $15.00.!FIRM! I bought the male and female adults for 18.99 each, so $5.00 each is a steal.

FISHES 658.jpg FISHES 617.jpg FISHES 637.jpg FISHES 671.jpg

Here is a great site to answer any questions you may have about the Thorichthys pasionis , Yellow meekis:

The Cichlid Room Companion - Thorichthys pasionis (Rivas 1962), the yellow meeki

Will trade fish for fish, for any other thorichthys like:

Thoichthys affinis
Thorichthys aureus
Thorichthys callolepis
Thorichthys champotonis
Thorichthys ellioti
Thorichthys helleri
Thorichthys helleri meeki
Thorichthys meeki, Firemouth Cichlid
Thorichthys socolofi

Located near 12th ave. and Commercial dr. in Vancouver

Thanks for your interest

Teal'c AKA Jason

·
Registered
327 Posts
gorgeous fish, and very mellow. totally friendly in my community tank - great choice if you want to get into cichlids and not change out a whole tank. very similar markings to my blue gourami's, and one of the gourami's keeps trying to 'spoon' with them haha

·
Registered
264 Posts
Highly recommend; my five are doing great and

Hello,

I have about 20, 2 inch specimens from my second batch. These guys are a great addition to any community tank as they are not aggresive towards tank mates. I only feed these guys new life spectrum and blood worms. They are colored up and very stunning. I am asking $5.00 each or 4 for $15.00.!FIRM! I bought the male and female adults for 18.99 each, so $5.00 each is a steal.

View attachment 829 View attachment 830 View attachment 831 View attachment 832

Here is a great site to answer any questions you may have about the Thorichthys pasionis , Yellow meekis:

The Cichlid Room Companion - Thorichthys pasionis (Rivas 1962), the yellow meeki

Will trade fish for fish, for any other thorichthys like:

Thoichthys affinis
Thorichthys aureus
Thorichthys callolepis
Thorichthys champotonis
Thorichthys ellioti
Thorichthys helleri
Thorichthys helleri meeki
Thorichthys meeki, Firemouth Cichlid
Thorichthys socolofi

Located near 12th ave. and Commercial dr. in Vancouver

Thanks for your interest

Teal'c AKA Jason
get along with everyone; their tank has rainbows, nics, and a full squad of large swordtails; very mellow and hardy, lots of colour

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

I'm glad to hear that you guys are enjoying the fish. Thats the best part of this hobby, sharing beautiful fish with other aquarium enthusiast's for them to enjoy aswell.

Thanks again,

Teal'c AKA Jason

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will these guys do well in soft (4dGH, 4dKH) and slighty acidic (6.8) water?
here is paragraph from the website listed above:

The water in the yellow meeki habitat is normally characterized by low visibility, although not murky, which is not surprising considering the nature of the sediment. Temperature ranges between 25° to 30° Celsius and the pH is always on the alkaline side, from 7.5 and up to 8.5 are the measurements I have obtained in several parts of the cichlids range. Water temperature is normally higher in the Thorichthys pasionis habitat than in that of the species of the T. helleri group. Hardness is more variable with measurements of 8 and up of General Hardness German degrees.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ok in that case, my question changes to does anyone keep these in water parameters similar to mine? I think with most fish, I've heard that the ph and hardness aren't too critical as long as they are kept stable. I am wondering if this applies to the yellow meeki.

Also, do adult males show aggression with each other?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ok in that case, my question changes to does anyone keep these in water parameters similar to mine? I think with most fish, I've heard that the ph and hardness aren't too critical as long as they are kept stable. I am wondering if this applies to the yellow meeki.

Also, do adult males show aggression with each other?
my parameters are similar and my five I bought earlier this year are doing great. What's interesting is that since I've added the cloud of swordtails the meeki's are no longer near the bottom all the time, but all over the tank. (50 gallon with current from two directions)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hello all,

i only have about 10-12 left. thanks to all who have pickedsome of these great little fish up. I will only have these guy for a week or so. They will be going to a good home at my aunts. so if you are interested pm me soon before you lose your chance, as i have not seen these guys in vancouver before. agreat rare fish that goes great in a community tank.

thanks

teal'c aka Jason

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a 49 gal bowfront with lots of rock, plants, and some driftwood, now containing 2 german rams, 1 BNP, and 3 or 4 kribs. Would these be suitable tank mates for your fish?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a 49 gal bowfront with lots of rock, plants, and some driftwood, now containing 2 german rams, 1 BNP, and 3 or 4 kribs. Would these be suitable tank mates for your fish?
Hello ,

The meeki are good with other fish of similar size like the kribs, but the rams might get stressed out because they are a smaller fish and not as hardy as the meeki or kribs. But at same time you do only have 6 fish in a 49 gallon tank. Wichita might be ok as they all will have there own territory.

Hope this answers your question

Teal' aka Jason

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks jtang for picking up these guys. Enjoy!

There are still a few left for sale so come and get them while you will still have the chance.

Teal'c aka Jason

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I only have about 12 of these guys left. Hurry before someone else gets these amazingly cool fish.

4 on hold

8 left...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Friday is the last day for pickup. They rest will be going to my aunt on Saturday.I will be available Wednesday, Thursday, Friday after 6 pm for pickup. Pm me if interested and we could set something up. Don't miss this chance to get great, rare fish for an amazingly great deal.

Hope to hear from you

Teal'c aka Jason

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Thanks for the beautiful fish! They are doing great in their new home - 90 gal community.

·
Registered
327 Posts
grab these... great fish. no problems with kribs or BNP in my 33gal. dunno about GBR

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.