British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a number of Ionantha air plants. This plant needs no soil. You put it near a bright window in a bare or decorated container, hang it by a string, or attach it to something like a shell or small driftwood. They make good terrarium plants as well. Air plants require little care. I soak mine in a bowl of water for a half hour, two or three times a week. (Aquarium water works well, giving them nutrients.) Misting is good for them also. Google "tillandsia care" for more information. Two are pictured, with a quarter for size comparison. They do grow bigger, and baby plants will form. When really happy they will flower.

Edit: I have lots to get rid of. Price now is $3 each, 4 for $10, 10 for $20, and $1.50 each if you take 15 or more.

Price is $4 each, 3 for $10, 7 for $20, or 20 for $50. Pickup in Cloverdale.

Plant Plant community Flowerpot Houseplant Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
600 Posts
Where in Cloverdale are you? Interested on this one.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Nice plants, I have quite a few. Note to people that are interested, do not put in direct sunlight, it needs filtered light, for example slightly opened blinds or sheer curtains that let light through. It also needs a lot of air flow to be healthy.

Direct sunlight will result is burn marks on the plant.

·
Registered
600 Posts
pm'd you for tomorrow's pick up if you're available.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey Tom, if ever you're heading metrotown area let me know, I am interested in getting some of your air plant

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Thanks for the plants Tom, they look great! Now I gotta figure out what I'm going to do for a mini terrarium!

Cheers!
Chris

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the plants Tom, they look great! Now I gotta figure out what I'm going to do for a mini terrarium!

Cheers!
Chris
Wow. That was fast. They are fine without a terrarium, but I keep some of mine in one. Here is a picture of one from the same batch as yours that I gave my sister. It has started to flower!

Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Arecales Grass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.