British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For aquarists, the coming heat wave may be of concern. The expected temp is going to reach 28C or higher.

My plan is to capture cool night air in the house, keep an eye on the temp. during the day & perhaps switch to a reverse photoperiod (lights on at night & off during the heat of the day). May also turn on some fans over the reef tank & pull out the A/C unit if it gets really hot.

Thursday is supposed to be the hottest day.

Just a heads up people;)

Anthony

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Anthony get that AC going cause i think i am coming over lol I have my AC in storage i have to go get it out before i melt :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
When I was into reef tanks heat was always a concern. :eek:
Now that I am into turtles heat is a good thing. :)
I may put some of mine outside in the pond so they can enjoy it more. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now forecast is 30C in Vancouver (so add a few degrees for in the Valley) and 31C on Thursday.

My A/C is now pulled out, all the pieces found & ready to turn on tomorrow afternoon.

Soon, we may "miss" our crappy weather from the past month (what a bunch of whiners, eh?);)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
For aquarists, the coming heat wave may be of concern. The expected temp is going to reach 28C or higher.

My plan is to capture cool night air in the house, keep an eye on the temp. during the day & perhaps switch to a reverse photoperiod (lights on at night & off during the heat of the day). May also turn on some fans over the reef tank & pull out the A/C unit if it gets really hot.

Thursday is supposed to be the hottest day.

Just a heads up people;)

Anthony
i should do this my metal halides are pretty warm

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Lol! Heat waves is always good news for me. Time for me to go the beach and cool off with the sexy hot girls.

Last year my temp went to 96F even without a heater. Just my canister filter was heating the tank and the room temp. Lost some catfish due to the heat but some of my fish just don't care about it. Their metabolism got fast though so I have to feed more or they will start eating each other.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
My condo was the same last year. It sat at 35 degrees, inside, for the whole summer. My tank heaters never turned on once and the water was heated by the ambient temperature to 5 degrees hotter than I usually keep it. Didn't lose any fish which was good, but man was it hard to sleep. My new place is much, much cooler.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I doubt my Africans have noticed the heat, steady 28 degrees :D One good thing about a North facing condo!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts