British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
crazy thing about all this is i just had mine blow a couple of months back and they sent me a new stealth pro. now i guess i have to call them again to see whats up.

·
Registered
780 Posts
They said they won't take mine back nor send me out one as it was bought well before February and I am not affected. I beg to differ...but what can you do....so I will have to get another heater shortly down the road on my own. Thank you for adding the link....really helpful

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
They said they won't take mine back nor send me out one as it was bought well before February and I am not affected. I beg to differ...but what can you do....so I will have to get another heater shortly down the road on my own. Thank you for adding the link....really helpful
Did you bring to PetSmart? I thought it was no questions asked?

·
Registered
997 Posts
They are sending me a new one and I told them mine was bought before February. Phone back, get a different person.

·
Super Moderator
2,108 Posts
When I phoned they told me to return my old ones in the package the replacement ones come in.

The second time I called ( I found I had more) they told me to return them in the FedEx package and to call FedEx or call them (Marineland) back to arrange pick up.

But I already swapped mine out at Paul's Aquariums in Surrey.

Now I need to find 3 more old ones to ship back.

Cheers
Mike is S Surrey

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
if it were me Bobbi....I would take them to Petsmart and get the credit , then go to J&L and buy a couple Ebo Jagers. I heard Marineland was sending Visitherms out as replacements. Every visitherm I have is unreliable! The actual water temp doesn't match up to the heaters setting & I had one die this weekend and because I didn't look at my thermometer due to the heater light was on, when I found out the heater wasn't really working and the water had dropped from 82 to 70, all my fish were hiding in a cave trying to keep warm. Thankfully one of my plants had gotten uprooted and when I went to put it back is when I realized what was goin on. From here on out I will be using the Jagers or get an inline one when I get a canister filter.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I like the sounds of the inline but dont have the know how....I will take mine back to petsmart as that is where i got mine from. thanks John

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I like the sounds of the inline but dont have the know how....I will take mine back to petsmart as that is where i got mine from. thanks John
Inline is simple. Stop the canister. Pull the intake out of the water so it loses siphon. Put a bucket under the outlet hose where you want to put the heater and cut the hose at right angles so you have square ends. Put the heater on, by inserting at each end and the screw the tighteners back in and get the filter primed and the set the temp of the heater and plug in. Should take 20 minutes max.

Now if you have a Fluval with ribbed hoses, forget everything I typed.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Just got this from MOPS.ca

"We have just received a notice from Marineland halting the sale of their Stealth and Stealth PRO line of heaters due to potential quality issues. This stop sale applies to all 100 watt or greater Stealth or Stealth PRO heaters."

Does anyone know if PetsMart is taking in the Stealth 100W without receipt?

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Just a follow up to my last post. I went to PetSmart today and they got the manager and offered me credit or a replacement heater and I took the credit. $103 for 2x250 W Stealth (non-Pro). They were very good about and apparently, there have been a lot of people going in. There was a guy doing the same thing as me as I was leaving. I used the $ to get Fluval M series (wanted to try an M but they didn't have it), a bottle of Prime, and a jar of Nutrafin Max Pleco Logs. Still have enough credit left for some fish, and wanted some otos or Farlowellas, but they were too busy.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Cool. Just want to make sure they took the Stealth. Should have kept the three I sold a few months back :)

Lucky guy who bought them. Of course luckier if they had not blown yet :D

·
Registered
997 Posts
UPDATE: I received my new visi-therm in the mail today.... but they only sent a 200w, not a 250w like I need to replace!! That's no good, I run 2 x 250w in my 120g tank, I dont want to "overdrive" the 200w so I have written the rep back and we'll see what happens now. They did get it here pretty quickly :)

·
Super Moderator
2,108 Posts
I got my 2 X 200 watt visi-therms this week but there is no address label or return address to return the old ones.

2 heaters and 1 ft of bubble wrap in a 1 X 12 X 18" box.
Lucky they did not break.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts