British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the tittle says I'm getting out of the hobby for the time being, I had hoped to keep my fish with me after the move and start up with some new aquariums but due to cost and how things are at this very moment in life I've been put in a situation where, I could keep hoping for the best and have my fish rot in these containers or be real with my self and only for the best of best interest for my fish is putting them up for sale or for a small fee to reassure people wont be taking them for free then handing them off at pet-stores for credit.

I care very much about these fish I've had them for about 3-4 years and they are awesome!

Large to full size Black/orange Tiger oscar, he lived in a 135g

Large Fahaka Puffer probably 10" long, lived in a 90g/135g

Large Angel fish blue smokey silver lived in the 135g with oscar long story worked great just need patience I can explain over pm

Community tank . Hatchet fish, rummy nose, cardinal tetras, X-ray tetras, glass cat fish, ritucolits corries, ottos and porthole catfish.

"I KNOW BCA"

hates no prices but I'm in the midst of looking for a serious home not someone who is new to the hoby or unsure of housing situations.

I'm looking for a committed fish keeper who has knowledge, proper tank requirement and who is willing to if for any reason change your mind call me and return the fish instead of dropping them off at a petstore! Because these fish mean allot and I wan't what's best for them even if I haft to give them up, iv'e been avoiding giving them up for months but they have been in containers for wayyy to long and my situation hasn't changed so they need a new home ASAP please comment or Pm with

How long you've been fish keeping

Tank size

If the fish will be alone or with others

pictures of current set-up

Thank you so much everyone I've been away from Bca for awhile but hopefully we still got some good people around here with some good connections to help save these fish!

My names Phil feel free to ask anyyyy Question thanks for stopping by hopefully work something out :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Unless anyone can find me a reliable source on two 75g and a 40g tall :p) that would work for now....

I've had really bad luck with used aquariums this last year, normally It's been Awesome! but this last year ruined me so bad that I'm possible out of the hobby for awhile...I'm just scared to buy used tanks now and it sucks wanting only a new tank... cause I could care less for a show tank....

I just don't want to let go of my fish! this has been a battle for the last year of my life and it's been a living hell! I don't want to give up, I have had them years and it's hard to think about letting them go because of 1 unlucky year! I wana surpass this but if I can't I want them going to good homes in fact The best homes!

Hopefully everyone get an idea of what I'm going trough..

END RANT! Thanks :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Community tank fish are of most interest to me. Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just a couple of thoughts . . .

You sound like you really want to find new homes for these fish, but you have listed several conditions for the person who might be willing to take them. Large fish, generally, are hard enough to re-home. Also, there are no prices or photos posted.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I put up conditions, would you let a kid do your groceries shopping.... I wanted to find them an appropriate home not some fool, if I really wanted to find them a new home I'd drop them off at a petstore since there sale ratios are higher.

Large fish can be harder to re-home but say a large Fahaka, stores don't usually have them for sale at that size so it's typically a quick sale.

As for Picture very unlikely to get a decent picture of a fish in those plastic blue container from walmart....you might get a flash of the angle because of it's colour but the rest of the fish they would just blend into the darkness and I don't have old pictures handy since there on my hard-drive... I just moved and am still currently in the unpacking stage of things.

I just wanted what was best for my fish since Oscar stopped eating and same with Puffer... UPDATE: I went to Costco bought two 55G containers moved the puffer/oscar they are both eating and active again and I will in time find them an appropriate tank once things get settled with money also since you mentioned $$ in the post.. I would of given the fish away for free to the right person but I've seen people posting on this forum a little whiles ago WARNING people who post FF to watch out for a certain few NAMES on BCA who re-home fish to resale on CL so by putting a unsure price I was i'n hopes of avoiding these types of human beings... everyone on CL did a great job of understanding those point but I guess you didn't.. I still appreciate the concern thus this reponse... Anyways at this point this post will be closed soon and a new post in the equipment section will be up looking for tanks....

Thanks you everyone, I really appreciate the support and help to finding a solution, I'm also happy to know we still have active people on this forum! Looking forward to chatting and getting back in touch! Have a Greeeeeat day everyone!

Phil

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The fact you have written a novel on your fish Lol. Let's us all know you clearly love them. Sorry to hear of your tank troubles. Good luck with finding them new homes!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Speaking for myself, I would expect to find prices and photos in the description of a general (For Sale) CLASSIFIEDS thread . . . at least as a starting point. You stated in your original posting that you do not wish to give these fish away for free, and you recognized that "BCA hates no prices." So it would seem appropriate to indicate some kind of price - which, naturally, could be negotiable for the "right" Buyer.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sigh the 40g breeder for the community is leaking... what a longg day anyone got tanks Pm Thanks!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah **** must of missed the point....

This mentions the 2nd reason for price "also since you mentioned $$ in the post.. I would of given the fish away for free to the right person but I've seen people posting on this forum a little whiles ago WARNING people who post FF to watch out for a certain few NAMES on BCA who re-home fish to resale on CL so by putting a unsure price I was i'n hopes of avoiding these types of human beings..."

also going back to that When you mention I didn't want to give the fish for free it to avoid the scammers you would easily get 100$ store credit so I was implying it by saying " putting them up for sale or for a small fee to reassure people wont be taking them for free then handing them off at pet-stores for credit" also CLASSIFIEDS are where people generally tend to go looking for fish....

and this is the 2nd reason for pictures... "As for Picture very unlikely to get a decent picture of a fish in those plastic blue container from walmart....you might get a flash of the angle because of it's colour but the rest of the fish they would just blend into the darkness and I don't have old pictures handy since there on my hard-drive... I just moved and am still currently in the unpacking stage of things."

I would expect what you said in a normal situation where peoples fish are in aquariums not container and it's easy to price fish go a little lower or retail value end of story

I didn't even know the fish count on the community till I put them in the 40g breeder today.....

Anyways it's pointless going on about it any further about this my point is when I sell fish you normally get a

-Picture
-Price
-species name
-Size/Age/health

this is a totally different case and your just being a dick about it and nothing more

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just an FYI, PetSmart in Bellingham typically has some new 40 gallon breeders for $40. It's a bit of a drive, and there is the exchange rate to factor in, but still likely cheaper than Canadian prices.

Could offset the extra cost a bit if you grab gas down in the states too, it's about 1/2 to 2/3 the price as it is up here

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tip joeyk!

I wonder if they have other prices like that for larger tanks! My wife would love the drive and me getting discounts is the bonus!

·
Registered
420 Posts
FWIW: It is not very considerate to insult someone who was just trying to offer helpful advice. I completely understood the rationale as to why one would not list their Fish for Free. As a matter of fact, this could very well be one of the reasons why it is BCA Policy to LIST A PRICE when you post in the Classified FS (for sale) Section.

For your reference: http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/introduction-area-4/rules-posting-classified-sections-55298/ (see #1 and #11).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
......you aren't being helpful you're being a narcissist asshole trying to act like they runs the forums, you've been around since 2016 stop going on about stupid "rules" Iv'e been around since 2011 I get the bca side of thing this was situational situation.

Anyways this thread is officially being closed because this got dragged out and is no longer about fish, Mick2016 if you want to continue you can PM me but other then that don't bother giving me any "advice" unless I'ts fish talk.

Phil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.