British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've never been into danios in the first place, well actually, maybe when I first started I did have some zebra danios. But most importantly, I've always seen giant danio's being sold in a few stores, but they're never giant? and even if you look em up on the web, still not giant!

Does anyone here have a picture or one they own that can make me go WOW?
I read they can grow up to 6" but never have I ever seen one even come close to it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey There I have 5 Giant Danio's all about 4 to 5 inches they are the kings of the top of my tank I'll try a get a picture of all of them together

Cheers

Marc

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Im just very curious! Cuz i have another type of danio and they're at least 3 times bigger than the giant danio's that I always see at the LFS! I am tempted to see a giant one at the moment! =)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well they only sell the babys - so it makes sense. there a cool fish, they remind me of trout
I understand almost all fish stores sell juvie fish and not full grown adult, but I've never seen a giant one all my life! Why can i not find a giant one on google? Or on youtube?
This is the reason why I'm asking!

And yes, agree with you, LOL they remind me of a trout as well! :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
I understand almost all fish stores sell juvie fish and not full grown adult, but I've never seen a giant one all my life! Why can i not find a giant one on google? Or on youtube?
This is the reason why I'm asking!

And yes, agree with you, LOL they remind me of a trout as well! :D
im considering making a biotope tank for them... a fast water river biotope... to get a "trout" tank

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a few of the moustached danio instead.. they're much bigger than any of the giant danio's i've seen, this wuz the main reason why i asked! They're pushing a little over 4"s right now, but i've really haven't seen anyone sell them! They look much more like trout to me! HAHA~

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the support gimlid! LOL!
I seriously need to see a REAL giant, otherwise, there are absolutely no point why they should even be label as giant!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhh... will check it out tonight! Definitely will! =) Have you tried surfing the forum on an iphone or bb? I'm sure you have Gary! LOL! It's soooooo hard!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm using the Safari browser on the iphone... looks nice, but horribly laggy!
And on my bb bold... omg... tapatalk ain't bad, but not the best! You miss out on quite a few things =( like pictures and videos!

I'm seriously waiting to see this giant danio! Maybe I should pick up the biggest ones i see and start feeding it monster pellets or something =) just to prove they can be giants~

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love my giant danio's (wish I wasn't selling them). Such a hardy fish IMO. They school together and enjoy being in the current of one of my xp's. The largest giant danio I have ever seen is at Rogers' not sure if it is still there or not, but it was giant!!!
EKKKK!!!! HOW GIANT???!!!! :D Sorry, I'm in search for one! LOL! Yes, you can call it dumb looking everywhere for a danio while everyone else is looking for an asian arowana or stingray! LOL! But I wanna see a BIG ONE!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts