British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
=) So excited now! Should I buy a monthly pass or family pass? It's definitely better than the vancouver aquarium!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its a koi not a goldfish.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Possibly but wild carp do not have the complete body coloured like this fish has. Koi are of course carp.

It is also possible it has just been done in photoshop and a hoax. Like the giant 80 lb cats and the 290 lb dogs that flooded the internet 4 years ago.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
This is an orange wild carp. carp is wild. Koi is man-made.
I think someone release a koi in that water and grew to that size. Wild carp don't show orange color and more like olive color. Koi in Japanese and Carp in English.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Koi actually came from the wild orange carp... wild orange carp can be found in europe and east asia. it's not quite uncommon fishing men catch wild orange carp. ... the biggest orange carp I caught was about 2.5kg.

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is an orange wild carp. carp is wild. Koi is man-made.
The common carp is Cyprinus carpio.

There are many types of genus and species of carp.

The koi is not a man made fish it is a Cyprinus carpio bred selectively to produce the various colours and patterns but is still the common carp as a species.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The common carp is Cyprinus carpio.

There are many types of genus and species of carp.

The koi is not a man made fish it is a Cyprinus carpio bred selectively to produce the various colours and patterns but is still the common carp as a species.
"bred selectively to produce the various colours" is called man made.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts