British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you have glass top's for a 36" 65g tank ? one of my is broken so i am guessing I need to buy a pair ?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Should have, is it All Glass brand or Perfecto? You will need to match to the brand. There should be a name on the handle of the front lid. Once you have the brand name the Burnaby store should be able to fix you up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it is like mine, a set of plain glass panes with a plastic "guide" that sits on the inside of the tank frame and the two panes of glass slide, I would go to a glass shop and get a new pane of glass. Ordinary window glass with the edges sanded works fine; take them the exact measurements of the pane. In 15 years I have broken I think 4 panes and this is how I've replaced each.

P.S. Sorry to take away business from Grant, but the money saved can then be spent on more fishies! Or something. B.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
If it is like mine, a set of plain glass panes with a plastic "guide" that sits on the inside of the tank frame and the two panes of glass slide, I would go to a glass shop and get a new pane of glass. Ordinary window glass with the edges sanded works fine; take them the exact measurements of the pane. In 15 years I have broken I think 4 panes and this is how I've replaced each.

P.S. Sorry to take away business from Grant, but the money saved can then be spent on more fishies! Or something. B.
Absolutely!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I allways am looking to save money however this is a sort of a show tank and i want pretty tops . :;

1 - 5 of 5 Posts