British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
After keeping fancy goldfish for some time , i did notice they schooled together, ate together, and noticed when one of the group wasnt around , going to look for them.They are intelligent fish and interesting to watch how they interact with one another or yourself.Ideas of keeping them again are coming to mind :) maybe a small pond outside!

·
Registered
496 Posts
After keeping fancy goldfish for some time , i did notice they schooled together, ate together, and noticed when one of the group wasnt around , going to look for them.They are intelligent fish and interesting to watch how they interact with one another or yourself.Ideas of keeping them again are coming to mind :) maybe a small pond outside!
So true! In fact in Switzerland (land of legit animal protection laws) they are ranked along with pigs, budgies and rats as social animals and it is animal cruelty to keep them singly.

The two I have right now are distinctly 'buddy-buddy'... never spawned but its true-- ever since I introduced the two they became fast friends and I rarely see them stray from each other's side :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts