British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks,
So a bit about myself? Started with a fish bowl when I was 10 from a garage sale, then up to a couple 10 gallon tanks with anything that was little and colourful. When I was about 17 I was in Petland Superstore one of the planted tanks on the bottom had a fish in it that was a pretty good size and looked good too. I asked the clerk and he said it was a jaguar cichlid and that she looked hungry. He put his finger in the tank and she came swimming right over. He left and I thought that as pretty cool so I held my hand above the tank and this fish jumped straight up at it, well I jumped out of my shoes and hit the tanks behind me. Well I had to have it so I bought a full 27 gallon set up and took her home. She started laying eggs almost right away so I had to find a male. By the time I did he was only an inch or so and she was about 8 inches, so I grow him up in a 10 gallon next to hers for 6 months or so and she watched him all the time. When he was about 3-4 inches I bought a 90 gallon set up and they were quite happy together, had lots of babies and lasted almost ten years. Now they have both past and I am starting a community tank of African Cichlids. I know nothing about them other then they are fun to watch and they are colourful.
That's my fish history, myself I am 29 now married with 1 son who is 3 months old a 90 pound 1 year old mutt and an 8 year old cat, and we all live in Abbotsford.
Current fish I have I got from fishworld in Langley.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Welcome to BCA, Aubs.

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Stuart

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
welcome...

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome to the tank! Always nice to hear the story of a new member's downhill slide into full-on Multiple Tank Syndrome :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Welcome aboard
Good to see some more interest from this end of the Valley

1 - 18 of 18 Posts