British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

[GoProVid added!] 70 Gallon South American (A.Heckelii, Lemon Tetras, and Cories)

11K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  Momobobo 
#1 · (Edited)
In light of a passing of Rick (my Altifron) I have sold most of my previous stock and gone in a "new direction."
70 Gallon Tank (48"x18"x18")

Lighting: 48" Shoplight
Substrate: Playsand
Filtration: Penguin HoB, Fluval 403 canister filter and Aquanova NCF-1200 canister filter.
Heater: 250 watt Aqueon Stealth Heater
Plants: Echinodorus Major, Hornwort, Java moss, and Alternthera Reineckii "Rosaefolia"

Plecos:

Bob (the Heckelii):

See less See more
1 12
#9 ·
Only the first 8 I got are in prime colour right now. The 40 I got from Pat are still abit pale :p Yes, the Egg yolk is just a treat I put in whenever I hardboil eggs for myself.

#10 ·
Lemon tetras are a bit under rated if you ask me, once they settle in and get used to their surroundings and diet that yellow will pop out! They do school tightly when i had my 2 dozen just my experiences and from looking at yours the same as well.Doesn't take a lot to make them happy, and will breed for anyone.Nice looking setup by the way, thanks for sharing your photos!

#11 ·
do you think these tetras would be fast enough to act as dithers in a sa/ca cichlid tank, i dont mean like angels and rams i mean like midas and other big guys, I am just concerned they would be lunch they would have to be hella fast lol..

I wouldnt mind a nice cloud of fish ripping around but at the same time i dont want a mobile buffet ...

#14 · (Edited)

Pictures don't do these guys justice, when they are happy they have a white glaze over the transparent part of their fins.

My breeder tank ;D

Hey, my Heckelii knows how to do the trick kiss :D
[video]http://s1094.photobucket.com/albums/i442/Momobobo_Chan/September%2015/?action=view&current=heckeliikiss.mp4[/video]

#23 ·
Thank you Jobber :D
The trumpet snails are in a separate tank (my ten gallon breeder). I have thrown a few large ones into the main tank but I don't see them at all.
THe plant that is floating is just some extra hornwort.

#25 ·
No recent additions. Have been concentrating on the salty (had a crash :x) and the Fluval Canister for this filter pooped out.
Been considering getting a school of cories for this tank. Will probably get 12 or so after I sell the L66 and the L191.

The lemon tetras are great though and Bob (the Heckelii) has been growing well :bigsmile:

#26 · (Edited)
^What a typo, the canister for this tank died.

Update? Went with my girlfriend to Fantasy (new shipment) for Bettas, walked out with 10 Cories. Loxo and Alexrodi.
Added my smaller Fluval 203 too.

The video really compresses it...its much wider in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.