British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ben & I got these little guys last night.. they are so cute!!!
They are already eating baby cray and trying to eat live black worm.. lol

Haven't thought of names yet... :p

Dinner..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are oscellated puffers, I was looking them up on the puffer forum, and they look different, I'm not sure if it is because they are babies or not.. so I've asked some of the experts over there for a positive ID :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Cool puffers! Makes me want some, keep the photos coming.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should get one one day Shelley.. they're awesome fish!!
& For some species you only need a 20-30 gallon tank.. so not too hard to maintain :)

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
The problem with people like Shelley (and I) is that we like to have many different types of fish in our tanks. And that doesn't generally work with puffers. :p Or does it?

That's the beauty of being on BCA, is that you can enjoy more species than you can comfortably keep in your home by viewing the tanks of other keepers.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
The problem with people like Shelley (and I) is that we like to have many different types of fish in our tanks. And that doesn't generally work with puffers. :p Or does it?

That's the beauty of being on BCA, is that you can enjoy more species than you can comfortably keep in your home by viewing the tanks of other keepers.
BINGO!!! There's NO WAY I'd be able to devote a tank to just one fish. As soon as I read 20-30 gallon tank in your message, my mind automatically went to "that's 20 small fish, maybe 10 mid-size"!!!! I can't help it - that's how my brain works (or doesn't as the case may be ;))

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
well it all depends on which kind of puffer your after. you would think that my Mbu would be an aggressive fish, but he is not. Where as the Fahaka or Congo , you cant even put your hands in there to long.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts