Fluval FX5.
and
Eheim 2028 pro 2.

Water Parameters:

pH- 7.4
NH- 0
NO2- 0
NO3- 20<

i just noticed this morning that my newly acquired green terror has a white bump in between its eyes, with a small pin hole wound. the injury was probably sustained in the night, and was self inflicted due to a sudden movement into my driftwood. the pin hole wound is not serious, but the bump is a little alarming. just wondering what is the most beneficial practice to follow for this specific injury?

salt perhaps? if so how much?

See less See more
#5 ·
after the first initial day the bump dispersed and 2 larger wounds formed in its place. i took action at that point, i dosed 1tbs of salt for every 5 gallon of water. i am also in the process of gradually making my way to 86F. this morning the wounds looked much cleaner, but it will be a long way to recovery.

#10 ·
i will start a journal of my new setup and include pictures of him as soon as i get my hands on a camera. my camera has disappeared and i have spent weeks searching for it..:p the pics up there^ were taken with my girlfriend's Iphone and are not very sharp!

i am happy, my new set up that i have been working on for the past 6 months is almost complete!

#11 ·
I'm glad that he is better now, he's such a nice looking GT! Probably the stress from being moved from Alex's to my place & then to your place in less than a week left his immune system weakened. Can't wait to see some pics of your completed set up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.