British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

I finally decided to try myself in this hobby. After seeing Aqua forest in Shinjuku, Tokyo I just did not have much choice, I just must have at least a small tank to bring back good memories from my trip :bigsmile: I decided to start with something small, 5gal Fluval Chi seemed as a good choice. My kid and my wife picked up 3 gold fish and I bought few plants. So, right now I am reading as much as I can. After two month of using that tank in a stock set up i decided to go through some modifications. I replaced stock light with Aquaray 400, added CO2 (1bbl/3sec) and added few more plants. Crossing fingers that everything will continue to grow :lol: Images below were taking this week, after I added new hardware to the tank.
Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant Grass
Plant Water Leaf Blue Botany
Plant Water Green Terrestrial plant Organism

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Hello, and welcome to BCA:) That's quite the green thumb you got there, plants look healthy and vibrant! Don't want to come off rude, but those goldies will out grow the setup you got.Something to consider down the road.Thanks for the introduction!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Luke, I agree, one of them is already quite big for this tank I think. I am currently trying to donate them locally, hopefully it will not take too much time.

·
Super Moderator
5,471 Posts
Welcome to BCA, alexbn024 :D!

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I'm also from Victoria. Great spot for info, help and anything aquarium related. We also have a sister forum on the island where we announce local meetings, workshops etc.

We are having an aquarium photography workshop this Thursday that anyone is welcome to attend. Great opportunity to meet some like minded people in person :)

Photography Workshop at Creatures

1 - 10 of 10 Posts