British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Continuing Ibenu's thread, and picking up a number of members suggestions, I am using this thread to help organize group get togethers. Anyone else wanting to help out, feel free to volunteer.

OK, here we go:

If you would like to host a group get together at your place, please feel free to either post here or PM me with your availability. I can then either start a new thread for your event or we can use this thread as a central board for planning.

Host: When opening your house up please let any special circumstances be known, ei: no kids/kids allowed, bring your pets/don't bring them, if a BBQ what to bring, that sort of thing.

Guest: Remember that you will be entering someone else's house and show the respect they deserve. If you have something you want to add to the party ie: items for sale/trade or want to bring food, double check before you attend.

I think this can be a cool way to meet some more members of the forum personally. I know for myself that so far it is usually only when I am doing a sale/trade that I meet other members, with a few exceptions.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Awesome idea indeed. If its going to be on the weekend, then I will most likely be attending.

If I am indeed attending and there are a few members from New Westminster that dont have their own transport (car), then I can pick them and drop off at a common location in New Westminster (skytrain station?).

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey I would be happy to have an open house . We have a dog ( a border collie who is super friendly and will want attention :) ) sorry but she doesn't get along with other dogs :eek:.
I have 2-180's stacked tanks, 60 gallon coffee table tank as well as a picture frame tank and a tall hex and a 125 planted tank.....and a couple of smaller ones.....all in a 635 sq.ft. apartment.
I live in south van near the knight street bridge.
I gotta add that its a 420 friendly place so please be forewarned..
I am open to having dogs and burgers if there is interest.I can maybe handle 15 people at one time .....unless you don't mind not being able to move.

Anyone wanna come visit :D

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like we have our first volunteer. Aquaman, do you have a day that would work best for you? That sounds like quite the collections of tanks for a smaller place.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hmm. Idea's running through my head. Can we use your bed as a trampoline? LOL
Just kidding. Anyone for a Polar Bear Swim? I think my pool is down to 65. Hahahaha

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
that sounds cold Jen.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hmm. Idea's running through my head. Can we use your bed as a trampoline? LOL
Just kidding. Anyone for a Polar Bear Swim? I think my pool is down to 65. Hahahaha
Ummm ....no on both counts.
Looks like we have our first volunteer. Aquaman, do you have a day that would work best for you? That sounds like quite the collections of tanks for a smaller place.
Really does not matter . Would this Sunday be to soon ? Give me a reason to tidy up LOL

that sounds cold Jen.
Yea but when she gets in it goes up to 100 . :D

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dunno. See what everyone has to say. Too early for me but I am sure others will be available.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Dunno. See what everyone has to say. Too early for me but I am sure others will be available.
LOL ....Nothing like having to beat them off with a stick :D...

Maybe I could offer a door prize.....Its 28 inches wide by aprox. 6 feet long .:D

Sorry comes with no hardware or hinges . Slightly used .

* sigh *....;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
We'll pop by and see your tanks for a bit tomorrow Bill. How is 1:30-2:00ish sound??

·
Registered
916 Posts
We'll pop by and see your tanks for a bit tomorrow Bill. How is 1:30-2:00ish sound??
Hey that would work for me. I will be home at 1 pm and be there till 5 at least.

ANYONE want to come feel free to stop by between 1 and 5 pm on Sunday .

I am at the bottom of Victoria drive across marine drive by the tracks near the knight street bridge.

Please call prior to coming for address and ring in number

MY phone number is 778-PER-FISH ( 778-737-3474 ) lame yes but darn easy to remember.....:D

ALSO IF ANY ONE WANTS SOME FREE SYNODONTIS FEATHERFINS BRING A PAIL I HAVE 8 OR SO TO GIVE AWAY ....LIMIT 2 PER PERSON !! WHILE THEY LAST :D

Hope to see some new faces ...oh and the old ones too :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Im in won over by the brownies!!! Ya know bill I dont come over quite enough:)

·
Registered
916 Posts
sounds like fun, should we bring some chips or a dish of some kind, I make some killer brownies that have a secret ingredient you might like lol :D:cool:
LOL ...:eek: heres hoping your up early ...to get all the ingredients together :)....don't go out of your way on my account but sure :D.
I'm in won over by the brownies!!! Ya know bill I don't come over quite enough:)
If it wasn't the brownies it would be the coffee :)...Finally we agree on something Lisa ...you really don't come over quite as much as we would like you to :D. And thats only because you have fish :p.
See you in the morning bright and early buckets in hand .....should I bring Star-bucks ....whatcha want and I will pick it up.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Wow!! Reg drip coffee add cream a bunch . Kay you got buckets. I was glad we tipped that blue bucket in the back yesterday with the rain we are getting now! Excited bought tomorrow! I can go to timmies too if YoU want something from there let me know

Night for now...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well that went well.....Lisa is now the owner of 160 lbs of black substate . Real good deal let me tell ya.
The new member we oicked it up from was a real nice guy. He is switching to salt water. I have never seen so much nice shiny new equipment in one spot. When done he will have an awsome tank.

I am here trying to tidy up a bit more, before people start showing up.....If your in the neck of the woods stop by and say hi.
bill

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
wanna trade some of those brownies for 50lbs of that black substrate Lisa? lol

LOL ...:eek: heres hoping your up early ...to get all the ingredients together :)....don't go out of your way on my account but sure :D.
lol would have been up early , cept the special ingredients caught on fire last night & kept me up till bout 4 am trying to extinguish it ;) Wish I could get out that way today would love to see your tanks in person, maybe some other time

·
Registered
916 Posts
:(....thats to bad you cant make it .....another time for sure . If your in the neck of the woods sometime give me a buzz ....no pun intended :D.

Looks like it will be a pretty slow day around here....Will tinker for a few hours and if no one shows up .....I am outa here ......off to Surrey to get some more fish.
If anyone intends to come by let me know asap. And I will plan my day accordingly.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hey Bill thanks for having us. I love your tanks, the stacker is beautiful and you have the most original I have seen. I want a coffee table one day. Thanks again and we shall see you again soon.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts