British Columbia Aquariums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So how many people showed upon Sunday? Thanks Bill for opening your house up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Group meets are a great way to meet common interest on-line acquaintances. My wife and I have been involved with them for quite a few years and as a result have met many people from all over the world, people we had known only on line.
The most common comment after having met in person for the first time is "Geeze, you're exactly as I pictured you!" The second most common is "Geeze, you're not at all as I pictured you" lol

Some of the meets we were/are involved in took/take place at restaurants, bars, zoos, beaches, campgrounds etc. One of the more fun meets was at the Penticton channel drift. *hic* ;) Our most memorable was our wedding.

Meeting at a member's home is great and we have been to a number of those but you'll find that newbies to a forum or group will most often feel too shy to attend those. I'm sure that as this thread and meets grow other locales will be suggested.

Most often the person that wants to set up a meet or first makes a suggestion for one is the person that organizes it. This can in some cases be a lot of work, but fun. Spreads the work load around :)

If you plan a meet at a particular restaurant etc. find out first if they take reservations. To do that you need confirmation from the attendees. Start a thread or in this case on this thread like 'Sept. 12 meet'. Whoever is organizing that meet will have a single list of attendees posted that they can keep adding to by way of edit.
Be considerate of others. Don't post a meet that will conflict with the same day of another unless you have two groups later on in the day meeting at another location.
A suggestion to Admin. Make a 'Group Meet' sticky :)
Enjoy folks, you are going to meet some very fascinating (and sometime weird lol) people.:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great suggestions Bok. Thanks
Most welcome and here's another. If you take pics and post them be sure everyone in it is okay with having their pic posted. Lordy we have had some nasty feedback from people having a bad hair day LOL

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
well it will be harder for out of towners but It would be fun to get everyone there..
but there if the first question would be when would be a good time for most poeple especially people from out of town...
Local poeple should try to arrange car pooling to minimize pollution, less parking obstruction and help those who dont drive

·
Registered
95 Posts
Maybe our Super Duper Meet Coordinator Target can set a date then and start a list:D The date doesn't have to be set in stone to start it off.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
All,

Our next group meeting will be at the Vancouver Aquarium. For date, I propose Oct. 2nd meeting at 1pm.

If you are interested, and would like to attend, please post a reply. I will compile the names in this thread and as we get closer we can try and arrange for rides and carpooling.

Obviously, cost of admission is your responsibility. All family members, and kids welcome as well. Come on out and meet some fellow hobbyists.

Attending:

Otter
L!$a
beN
DavefromBC
rescuepenguin +1

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ha, yeah, I just assumed it was a weekend. ;) The 2nd works well. I'll probably be bussing in, but if a few people in the neighborhood (12th and Granville area) want to share a cab, that'd work too.

[email protected]

21 - 40 of 85 Posts