British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has not been a post in this section of the forum for months, so I feel obligated to make one :)

I'm doing a grow out in a 300 gallon tank right now, all really beautiful fish.

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,259 Posts
I will need a 400 gallon soon

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
I only wish I had room for a 300g tank. Mad jelly (very jealous)
When are you going to do a fish room in your huge yard
My yard space is already developed to the max with 50 fruit trees, 2 x 16' greenhouses, 40'*14' covered deck, 20+ blueberry bushes, 2 sheds and 16' tall treehouse.

I'd love to have a proper big fish room and have 300g or 400g tank like Stratos. Are you adding anything else interesting soon, Theo? My friend in HK is thinking of getting an albino ray.

·
Banned
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny you ask Anthony :) I've just made a deposit on a 500 gallon tank for a stingray breeding project, along with another 180 gallon that should arrive within a few weeks. Coupled with my 300 and 55 gallon and I will be over 1000 gallons. I know someone in BC with a single 1300 gallon tank, so there is always someone out there who has gone further. Nevertheless, I am pretty excited to have the new tanks coming.

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
I know someone in South Burnaby with a 17' long tank built into his basement to keep full-sized black tip reef sharks, morays, etc. It made the big tank at Big Al's/Island Pets look small by comparison. He actually got the black tip shark from Island Pets when it shut down years ago.

Anthony

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
The Burnaby shark tank is 4000g but the guy has probably a dozen tanks 100-300g in his fish house. Really strong case of BTS & MTS, 😉

Please post pics and updates when you get your ray breeding system up and running Theo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts