British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so does it take years for a fahaka to get 14 to 18 inches .
i cant find any info on growth rate of these puffers ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
so does it take years for a fahaka to get 14 to 18 inches .
i cant find any info on growth rate of these puffers ?
I was told that they will grow to 12 inches in the first year and then slow down but should be 18 inchs by 2-2 1/2 years. Mines 14 inches right now and I bought it from Kolewolf in July last year and I think it was 3 inches

·
Registered
33 Posts
here is two picks of my fahaka just after i turned the lights on ill try to get a pick of him against a ruler later. which will be tricky. it might only be 13 inches but we will see

·
Registered
33 Posts
hes only in a 90 gallon rite now i plan on buying him a bigger tank this summer im think of going to a 220 gal. it sounds like yours maybe stunted, has it grown at all sense you have had it?

on a side note i have a ceylon puffer that is stunted. i have had it for 2 years now and it hasnt grown an inch in my 120gal,it was 3inches when i bought it and its 3 inches now. i had bought a gsp around the sames time and put in the same take it was an inch when i bought it and now its 5inches

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
WOW impressive! Thanks for sharing!

I dunno how you deal wit it though!
=) i cannot imagine seeing ONE fish in a whole tank for a year! That seroiusly couldn't happen for me!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mine is a 11 something from measuring him in the tank . hes 2 years . i hope i didn't stunt his growth hes is in a 180 gallon now so he should grow i would say

1 - 9 of 9 Posts