British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pbass is eating everything now except pellets.
it loves smelts,tilapia fillet and prawns.
here he is with his now full all the time belly..

this is my favorite fish at the moment,
almost seems like i have a dog the way he is always trying to get my attention.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right on man !!

i got mine eating pellets by dropping the food right by the fx5 outlet , so it shoots the pellets and they chase and swallow ..lol

looks good [email protected]!
good idea, i'll give it a try....
what type of pellets are you using?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
good idea, i'll give it a try....
what type of pellets are you using?
ya at first the carnivores , cause they are smaller , then massivores !! :D

but i know your not allowed those ..:p , so any type of sinking should do ??

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Mine are starting to take NLS large cichlid pellets now.....but they still like the hikaris more. prob cuz they stink more.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
oh alright.
i know you will enjoy this ray. she loved the 3M sand.
guaranteed you will see her buried.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Is that the little guy that was in the 15 gallon growout, Adrian?

And for you people using the massivore, it's the garlic smell right? NLS Thera A also has a lot of garlic, but I don't find it stinks up the place, so maybe you can get a sample to try? I'd offer you some Adrian, but mine is the small fish formula, and I'm not sure the P Bass would be interested (1.5 mm)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Is that the little guy that was in the 15 gallon growout, Adrian?

And for you people using the massivore, it's the garlic smell right? NLS Thera A also has a lot of garlic, but I don't find it stinks up the place, so maybe you can get a sample to try? I'd offer you some Adrian, but mine is the small fish formula, and I'm not sure the P Bass would be interested (1.5 mm)
My pbass completely ignore the tiny NLS. Needs to be way bigger I think. Even the carnivores I think are getting to be a bit too small. Gotta switch over to massivores soon.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
My pbass completely ignore the tiny NLS. Needs to be way bigger I think. Even the carnivores I think are getting to be a bit too small. Gotta switch over to massivores soon.
You can really big ones, but I think the bigger ones all float, unfortunately. I use the 3 mm large fish formula. But I think they have 5 mm jumbo formula.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Its good to hear it trusts you and now eats food you drop. This is my training for my pbass to get it to eat pellet.

When you first get your bass, starve it for a week. Spend an hour or so at least in front of your tank so that the bass will get accustomed to you and will know that you are not a threat. DO NOT do anything to startle them as it may treat you as a threat and may become skittish if you do.

After that, feed them feeders every 2-3 days. Drop the feeders 1 by 1 so they will learn to trust you more. This should last about 2 weeks.

If you find that they are going in front of the glass begging for food, drop a feeder then drop the massivore next after the feeder. Hopefully by now, they will associate everything you drop as food. At first they may swallow it and spit it out but be patient. If you see them swallowing and spitting out the pellet, DON'T give them any more feeders. Eventually they will starve and their stubbornness will wear off. And hopefully they will be darting for pellets and actually eati them soon.

Hope it helps,
Gil :)

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gil,

i'm not gonna start feeders again for nothing.
i've got him eating frozen prawn,tilapia and smelt.
going back to live to pellet train not.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ah I see. Have you tried dropping in pellets after the frozen food? It might work. But then again I went straight to pellets so It might not work.
i've been trying with the masivores on the sly.
wife hates when i use these cause they stink so bad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts