British Columbia Aquariums banner

what make of heaters should I get

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to get a couple of new heaters .I had one stop working in my wife's tank so .I need to replace that and get a spare. I'm wondering what people are using and why they are using them. I have only used the ebo jager heaters with all my tank. but find they need to be calibrated are a while and I'm starting to find that annoying. So I would like some feed back on what people are using would be great.. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts
I hear the smart heaters are pretty good. Myself, I have Marineland Visotherm heaters on mine they work well from my experience and a little cheaper priced. Plus they have a lifetime warranty as opposed to Ebo-Jager's 1 year

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Not sure about the new Ebo-Jagor yet. Bought two for my SW set up 12 years ago. Crack one, the other one is still running as new.

I heard they don't die.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi Dave......too bad Jager don't make the green ones any more....Ebo Jager can be calibrated and worth getting.....I have both Ebo & Rena Smart heaters.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
i second the fluval digital heaters theyre awesome, really easy to see whats going on, they arent an eyesore, and they have two thermometers for less screw ups. i use em in both my tanks and i think aquaman has like 6 of em in his house lol.

o and they have a 5 year warranty, longest i could find at the store when i was looking after my other heater broke down

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I'm using titanium heaters but you will need a heater controller as most of the titanium heaters have no controls/thermostat.

any one using Titanium Heaters?

·
Registered
520 Posts
any one using Titanium Heaters?
with controller or without controller?

I had bad experience with those controllers brought from States. specially on big Wattage system ( 500w - 1000w ).

For fairly small discus tank, eheim will be a great choice because their heaters are safety at least! I've been using eheim heaters for lots of discus tanks more than 15 years, never have any problem.

·
Registered
348 Posts
What I don't understand is how anyone can see any other heater better than the Fluval E series......

·
Registered
710 Posts
What I don't understand is how anyone can see any other heater better than the Fluval E series......
+1 on the fluval E
even tho it heats up tanks slowly but it's safe (slowly increase temperature is better for fish) :)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I like my fluval E's as well. I did wish there was a way to shut off the lcd backlight tho. Neat at first, then a little distracting after. It does serve a purpose tho to let you know if there's an issue with the temperature.

Otherwise, titanium heaters with ranco controller.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Have any of you guys ever try setting the temp to 86 on the fluval E heaters? I've got a new one that won't go higher then 82 no matter what how high I set it. Just be flashing Blue for hours on end.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts