British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This website was passed on to me from a good friend.Dont know if anyone has come across it , but its worth a peak.Its Heiko Bleher's personal site and it has various information, photos, and journals of just about anything involving him with this great hobby.Here's the address www.aquapress-bleher.com !

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just edited my last post , sorry for the error.Anyways, worth a look if you get the time.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
hes done some great things..but most forums arent happy with him tooting his own horn in every post. constant infomercials. find the answer on page so and so of my book..lol.
i have his book..a nice book. but i think he'd sell more books if people didnt get turned off on his posts.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He really comes off as that ? wow didnt expect to hear that.I dont know if it was him , or someone from his research team that landed in some trouble with the law in South America somewhere a while back ? I could be wrong but someone could chime in here to verify it. How's the book ? worthy of a purchase april ? I saw a few of them listed on his site , that were quite pricey.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont know if it was him , or someone from his research team that landed in some trouble with the law in South America somewhere a while back ?
oh yeah i remember something about him being detained in brazil a while back... i can't quite remember the story, but i think the government had a problem with some preserved specimens he was carrying.

so, is it just me or does he kind of seem like a real life version of the dude from the dos equis commercials?

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
yeah something like that..he said they were samples to study . cant remember the whole thing..
all i know is on simply discus he jumps on every post and argueswith everyone but him is wrong . collection points etc..tributaries..this fish isnt around..no such fish..but of course its real..they have them in their tanks. he just couldnt find them.
his book has nice pics..i didnt read the words.yet most likely never..a really nice book though..is oliver lucansas book from stratos. id go for that one. its a beauty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I already finished reading both of soh book and they are rather informative and was well worth the money. I guess I learned the most about breeding and genetics from both books. So much for reading them on my flight, now I can just read it over again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts