British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new at this hobby 3 months addicted started with a 10 gallon community tank then a 30 gallon, 27 gallon, another 10 gallon, 92 gallon, 55 gallon, 90 gallon yes 7 tanks a lot of work every Sunday when I do water changes! Also just realized after getting all these tanks that my well water is high in Nitrates! 50 ppm so now I bring the water home (treated district water no nitrates) this has been crazy, a lot of work on my only day off but anything for the fish's well being! if anyone has a easier way out for me PLEASE HELP! any input would be appreciated This is a wonderful site, very informant I'm enjoying it very much! also My wife love's Dolphins and recently she found a fish on the internet called the Blue Dolphin Cichlid if anyone knows where I can buy a couple that would make my wife's day Thank you in advance for any Info and Thank you for such a wonderful site!
Bob

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Welcome to BCA

You can age your water with a barrel with a heater and a small air stone and with lots of java moss or hornet plants in the barrel to take in the nitrates. In works well and no need to bring water home with you after that.

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
Welcome to BCA, Bob (and wife) :D!

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Blue Dolphin cichlids are also available often on this forum.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your info and warm greetings looking forward in being a long term member

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Welcome to BCA :)

Reactions: mrbob

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,253 Posts
welcome great to have people close to chilliwack

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi,

I have a problem im new to fish keeping (3 months 7 tanks) last night I noticed my Bala sharks had white spots i put them in hospital tank and treated for ich one has white over one eye other discolored today i found my clown fish and twig fish and dolphin dead other two young balas are swimming straight up and down darting once and awhile and like floating? also have angels 20 young all seem to be fine shaking a bit once in a while and a few bottom fish Raphael cat fish is not doing well black ghost knife doing good dwarf parrots ok glass cat fish ok please help lost 5 fish already died 50% water change nitrate down to 40 was 80 (due to well water have since switched to district water for fish no nitrates) nitrite 0 ammonia .12 ph 7.6 have turned lights off to lower stress should I be getting meds due to one shark i removed hat clouded eye?? i have not done any treatment yet just w/c didn't want to use super ich due to ghost knifes PLEASE HELP

·
ORIGINAL FORUM GANGSTER
2,253 Posts
ok if it is ich it is cureable most times when i started my sevurum had it for a week before i new it. Try raising water temp slowly to 86 add extra airstones and possibly medicate. Dont use the bomb type i prefer the liquid. Im in chilliwack if things get reall bad also can help if you wanna call 6047994274

1 - 14 of 14 Posts