British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone here on BCA!
So, introduction.
I've been keeping fish for over 10 years, since I was a single-digit kid. For the first 5 years I made a lot of mistakes - didn't really read about fish or talk to anyone about them, really stupid I know. After acquiring a 33-gallon I started reading up a bit more on fish and had some success; even had a pair of angelfish that grew to full size and bred in my tank (but no fry). Upgraded almost a month ago to a planted, soil aquarium with a canister filter. I had an undergravel filter that hadn't been cleaned under since I first set up the tank - aka 5 years' worth of gunk underneath that piece of plastic! Was able to tear it down and set it back up safely (shout-out to the guys at Aquariums West, they know their stuff!). The upgrade has fully fueled my love for aquariums again, and I've learnt so much from my past mistakes and hope to learn even more here!
Currently my tank is home to 1 male betta, 5 black-skirt tetras, 9 danios and 1 striped rafael catfish (humorously called Gesundheit). Hoping to add in a few more fish in the future, any suggestions would be most welcome.
WP_20160430_10_12_13_Pro.jpg

Oh, and April, if you read this, I'm the girl that bought one of the female bettas and the half-gallon tank almost a month ago! She's doing well and has grown a bit - named her Scylla because when I put her in my main tank she was a little monster and basically threatened all the fish that got close to her. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
welcome and best of luck with your tanks!

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Hi there! Glad she's doing well. Your tank looks great ! Welcome aboard bc aquaria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
Welcome to BCA, Kelpie!

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Best Regards,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts