British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site.

I rent one room in a condo in North Van where I share a computer that has the world's slowest connection. Also, my roommates are grumpy senior citizens who think that my spending 30 minutes on their computer is a moral sin. So, I don't have much internet time. But this summer I am working on a project with a friend who is a member at BCA so I spend quite a bit of time at her house and use her computer. By fall I will have a better place and also my own netbook.

Right now I just have one betta, Harry, but when I get my own place I will get a couple of bigger tanks. In the past, I used to breed gouramis and kribensis. When I went to university I left my tanks with my parents and brother to look after them and that was irresponsible because every single fish died and when I came home at Christmas my tank was sitting next to the back door empty with a pointsettia in it.

I have learned about puffers on this forum and I would love to have a mbu puffer like Kaleeka but I think that a 1000 gallon tank is bigger than the room I rent!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome to BCA! What a good lesson for me... I was just weighting the possibility of my parents maintaining my tanks if I studied abroad for a semester lol!

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
welcome...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome Sandy