British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys... I've been having alot of things goin on in life... but seriously.. this is by far the most disgusting and shocking scene I've seen! I am about to puke...

I was on my computer moments ago just browsing the web... as usually, I looked over at my tank and saw one of my flagtails looked pretty odd! Guess what? He's missing a whole EYEBALL WITH THE EYE SOCKET ALL GONE!!!
I can literally stick my whole finger in there... he's still swimming and eating...!

I have no clue what happened or how it happened.. no visible blood, just white skin i guess! I am starting to sweat and feel like I'm going to puke, by far the worst thing I've seen... and it ain't something I can look at!

Seriously, what should i do? And is there ANYONE out there that wants him? TAKE HIM NOW! I'm almost about to euthanize him as I am seriouly seroiusly seriously about to puke!

I am more than certain it's that my senegalus bichir attacked him, as he's the only aggression in the tank!

Anyone, TAKE HIM, it's free! I'm not even sure the heck to do with him!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
first you need to take some deep breaths.....
then try to relax...
if he is swimming around fine i'm sure he will be ok.
i might add a bit of salt or melafix to the water incase of infection.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have goosebumps and feel sick like im about to puke thinking about it right now!
I am SERIOUSLY about to throw him out! Call me cruel, call me wutever, dun care, I am seriously sick! Pls oh pls someone take him!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
wow dude, that lil guy you have there is a keeper
to be eating and strutting around his/her battle scars >.<
** Adz1 "salt or melafix" that would be a good plain..**
and ya that stuff does happen Meh. well at least he/she
still has one eye that's no reason to kill your fish I'm sure
that someone will make room for that lil trooper in there
Tank.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
i have 3 one eyed fish. i figure it happened on my watch, my fish for life so there r plenty people don't mind it. It should heal up nice with some salt or such. take him to snow. my breeding male angel has a cloudy eye for a while now. as long as they can see food and wont starve your fish should lead a long life.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate to say it... damaged eye or blind... completely fine with me! But a hole big enough that fits my finger, i really don't have a strong stomach for it!
Snow, I'll PM you! I definitely don't want to kill him, I can meet you somewhere in Surrey if you like.
Btw, melafix has been added to the tank just in case.
He's swimming and eating, i checked this morning, and doing the same usual chasing around with the bigger flagtail, otherwise, he's kinda be swimming around in and out of the plants, I think he's really not use to using only one eye. The guy's not big nor is he too small. He's about 3" i guess?

·
Registered
743 Posts
i have 3 one eyed fish. i figure it happened on my watch, my fish for life so there r plenty people don't mind it. It should heal up nice with some salt or such. take him to snow. my breeding male angel has a cloudy eye for a while now. as long as they can see food and wont starve your fish should lead a long life.
I feel the same. I made a long term comitment to my Chocolate Cichlid when I got her. She has a bum eye all cloudy and white and zombie looking and now she has some depth perception issues when feeding but hey.... I knew she would live up to 20 years so I care for a special needs fish.
Since I accidentally killed her partner its the least I could do for her.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's not that he's heartless and wants to really kill the fish or doesn't want to commit. It's that he physically can't. It's like when some people see blood and faint...it's not that they want to faint. Or when someone hears/sees someone puke and end up puking in response. Certain sights, sounds, textures, and other sensory perceptions create psychological, emotional and in this case physical reactions.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
It's not that he's heartless and wants to really kill the fish or doesn't want to commit. It's that he physically can't. It's like when some people see blood and faint...it's not that they want to faint. Or when someone hears/sees someone puke and end up puking in response. Certain sights, sounds, textures, and other sensory perceptions create psychological, emotional and in this case physical reactions.
i understand, just saying lots of people don't mind. not judging.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for understanding! I am one of the types that can't look at blood for too long!
I've taken my best friend to the hospital once when we were 17 or so.. he wuz in a motorcycle accident... he wouldn't show me how bad it wuz until we got to the hospital.. and once he showed me, the last thing I heard was someone calling "Nurse, we have another one" and someone caught me before i fell! LOL! That's how bad I am! No strong stomach and can't take that much of the gruesome stuff... I don't even watch Saw ~.~"

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Btw... if anyone' wondering... i was going to meet up with Snow today... unfortunately... the trooper was found dead under the UV Sterillizer next to a garden of plants!

I talked to few others... and witht he pictures seen... it should of been clear that he wouldn't of survived!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Thanks for understanding! I am one of the types that can't look at blood for too long!
I've taken my best friend to the hospital once when we were 17 or so.. he wuz in a motorcycle accident... he wouldn't show me how bad it wuz until we got to the hospital.. and once he showed me, the last thing I heard was someone calling "Nurse, we have another one" and someone caught me before i fell! LOL! That's how bad I am! No strong stomach and can't take that much of the gruesome stuff... I don't even watch Saw ~.~"
I am the opposite. I can pretty much take anything and deal with it. Split my finger open on a bandsaw in high school and wasn't as freaked as my buddy who watched me do it. Probably why my work uses me for First Aid as well.

Sorry about your fish though.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys! It's upsetting... as I got this as an anniversary present to make a flagtail only tank! He wuz one of my first... =( I didn't want him to die... no matter how disgusted i was!

Sigh... just praying that everyone's gonna be fine and no more of this wierd stuff happening!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts