Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Our head office is currently deciding whether or not our involvement with BC Aquaria is worth renewing. We are trying to compile a list of positive reasons why we should stay on the forum.

If you've ever shopped at our store because of our involvement on this forum, please leave any kind of feedback/reviews and even what you've bought at our store if you're able to.

Our goal is to show the value of being a sponsor, and we need your help to do that. I love being able to post everything that I do here and interacting with everyone, so I'm really hopeful we are able to continue.

Please reply here or PM me by the end of this weekend.

Thanks so much, I appreciate your support! :)

Kim

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've been to your store many times since you've been a sponsor on BCA and have bought many fish from you.
To be honest, I think I would definitely frequent less if you weren't.
I think you've done a great job here, Kim, with bringing in what members want as well as giving a bit of discount for members.
I for one appreciate your sponsorship :)

I'm sure many other members come to your store because you update your stock list.

·
Registered
277 Posts
HI Kim,
I had not shopped at your store nor do i normally shop at the chain stores for live fish. I heard about you through BCAquaria and saw that you were active and interested in providing value added services for lower mainland fish keepers. I've now been to your store several times (coming from Surrey) and have bought apistogramma and plecostomus from you in the >25$ per fish category. I would not have done this had you not been so supportive and active on BCA. I also watch carefully when you post your fish lists and pics/vids and find them very helpful in my decision to make the long drive over to PoCo. Keep up the good work and I will continue to monitor BCA for your frequent updates. THanks Russ

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
As someone serious about the hobby, I would not think about going into Petland for fish unless I know that there is a staff who is also serious about the hobby.
There is just nowhere I would go in Coquitlam / Port Coquitlam for livestock now. Great to know that you are with Petland so I could be more confident of the livestock.
Added bonus is that you guys are right next to HomeDepot - my second home, almost first ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
I live in Burnaby so if you weren't a sponsor on BCA, I would not have made a special trip with the family to visit your store and make purchases if you weren't a sponsor on this site. I appreciate the regular updates you always post for the members here to let us know what's happening and what's available. I also never purchase livestock at chain stores but I do at yours solely because of the support you and your company provides for the BCA community. Really appreciate knowing someone whose knowledgeable and caring is at Petland Canada in POCO.

BTW, my kids love your store and constantly bug me to bring them back.

Anthony

·
Registered
33 Posts
I never used to go to Petland... Honestly trying to get in and out of that parking lot can be a huge pain because of the traffic from Costco. Plus going out there from Maple Ridge where there are plenty of other pet stores never made sense if I were just looking. Knowing what you guys are bringing in - and even making it so easy for us to make requests! - is the only reason I started going again. I know being a sponsor here is a business decision at the end of it, but you yourself have taken it to the next level by keeping active here and I'm sure that plenty of others appreciate that as well. (And giving us the odd discount day here and there certainly doesn't hurt either!) You've been great to deal with and your involvement here has improved my opinion of Petland in general quite a bit. Like what was just mentioned, it makes a big difference in deciding where to go when you know someone there is taking proper care of the fish before we take them home.

The discus and various other fish I got from you guys are all doing well and I was looking forward to going back soon to add more. That becomes more difficult though if I don't know what you have or when you get them in - especially since I have a bit of an aversion to phones and I don't enjoy braving the Costco shoppers without reason. :(

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Are you within walking distance of the new skytrain? That would definitely make it easier for many people who read about your store on BCAquaria to check it out.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys rock. Thank you!! These will definitely be awesome to add. I'll be writing up my case on Monday so I'm thankful for these replies already coming through :)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you within walking distance of the new skytrain? That would definitely make it easier for many people who read about your store on BCAquaria to check it out.
Probably like a 20-30min walk, or a 5min bus ride!! :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I never heard of Petland until you guys started being sponsors on this site. I've bought several fish from you guys and will continue to. But it certainly helps when you're a part of Bcaquaria letting us know of specials and new fish arrivals.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I too, have not heard of petland until Kim joined the forums as a sponsor. I always look forward to seeing her sale/shipment posts and an added bonus are the discounts we receive as forum members. As others have mentioned, knowing that there is a 'fish' person working at the store also gives me more confidence in their stock.

I would also like to mention, Kim does a great job in returning messages in a timely manner and is an active forum member.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I haven't heard of Petland as well before. I tend not to shop at chain pet stores. Until I went first time on Wednesday with my son. We were in the area and had just a few minutes to kill so I checked out the store. I live in Surrey so it was a long drive for us. I shop In lfs that have knowledgeable staff and keep their stocked fishes in clean and healthy aquariums, I didn't see any sickly or dead fish. So I know what I'm bringing home is a healthy fish and I can trust the source. I can add Petland in Poco as one of the lfs I visit and purchase from.

I didn't buy when I visited because I couldn't safely bring the fish home. But I will definitely will be back to this store soon.

Ps. my son enjoyed seeing the birds and the rabbits as well but the fishroom was his favorite

·
Registered
724 Posts
Would never make the trip there if not for the fish lists being posted so that I know it's worth the drive. Hope they make the right decision and remain part of the community

·
Registered
106 Posts
Up until your sponsorship on this forum, I had frequented Petland from time to time but never bought anything as I didn't have a desire to. With joining, posting shipments and requests for special orders it is safe to say that half of my fish stock is now from your store.

You've made it very easy and have been very accommodating when dealing with special orders. The Black Orchid betta and the Rio Tocantin Angels have been a focal point of my tanks and I wouldn't have had them if it weren't for you being here.

If the sponsorship were to end, I would still visit and likely purchase more fish but my timing may be off and I may always miss out on the good stuff. And with that my visits may become less frequent.

P.S. Can I request Sidthimunki loaches (dwarf chain)? Please send me a PM if they are on a list so I know how many I can afford to bring home.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would not have visited your store let alone buy from you if you weren't on this forum. It's a 30 mins drive from me and without you posting your current stock list, there's no way i would just drive out there just to have a look.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.