British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
You could try culturing earth worms or red wrigglers. My tire track eel would go nuts for them. Mykiss (Pat) had some a while ago.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
all mine ever ate was bloodworms and mysis. even tried soaking prawns in with the bloodworms and nothing. so i went outside and dug up some worms and they ate them up as fast as i could out them in the tank. in fact all my fish went nuts for them.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
blood wormssss
Oh no.... no bloodworms please as it's like crack for spiny eels and other fish. Once they get the taste of bloodworms you might regret feeding it bloodworms when it gets up to 12-14 inches or more. You will need a lot of supplies of bloodworms to satisfied it needs. Best to just let it settle in for a week and just starve it for 2 weeks. Try dropping some cut up prawn or silverside and turn the lights off to complete darkeness.

Most people gets excited feeding a newly acquired nocturnal fish and watch them eat with lights on hoping it will eat in front of them. Not a good idea. That's one reason why most nocturnal fish don't eat other prepared food and go with bloodworms instead. Once the fish gets settle in the tank and is comfortable with the person that feeds it then even with lights on you can feed it and watch it eats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts