British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I made a boo boo, I set up an 80 gallon tank, my fish are in buckets with small air pumps, and I have sand as my substrate. I forgot to rinse the sand so now my water is brown, is this harmful to the fish? Do I need to now empty the entire aquarium out and start all over? or can I put the fish in? I really hope I can put them in as it almost 3am and if I have to start over itll be 5am or later before i finish again

·
Registered
479 Posts
i would change the water, but im sure by now it annoyed you so much that you already started doing that... we all get excited when setting up a tank and forget something.. it happens lol

·
Registered
296 Posts
No it wont hurt them. Its just fine silt (dust particles). I would try to let it settle a bit and like Crazy_NDN said, do a WC. They will be fine.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
i have same happen before, change 1/3 water the first 3 days,then from 4 -7 days change 1/4 water ! keep do it for a 10 days , and wash your filter after a 10days ,it should be clear, and it wont made any harmful your fish!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx guys

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so I bought some clear fast and a water polisher for my fluval....havent even put the water polisher in yet and with the clear fast I can already see my fish super well. so clear fast along with my water changes has solved the issue, although I may still throw the polisher in for a few days. Thank you everyone for your help. Ill post a picture once I get some rock work done in the tank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts