British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying "hi."

Was into the aquarium hobby back at the beginning of 2000 for a while and helped start up a small aquarium shop. I was occasionally on the original BCA when it first started up. Was really into loaches and a few dwarf cichlids as well as Red Sea endemic fish in my nano reef. Life happened and slowly moved away from the hobby around 2010... actually moved away from BC in 2012 lol.
BUT, now I'm back in BC and just started a 25gal plant tank. I'll be on the forums here and there unless I'm busy with other RL stuff... ie. standing in freezing rivers with a fishing rod. lol

I am an auto mechanic by trade, feel free if you have any Toyota/Lexus questions (I'll try my best to help)... Other vehicles I can help with basic stuff, but not as well versed on technical issues. Euros need not inquire. :lol:p

Anyway, see you all around~

·
Registered
447 Posts
welcome back.

Reactions: DSK and randylahey

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Slowly adding to the tank as the days go by... Need to do more plant hunting to decide how I'm going to fill in the rest of the tank.

Nice meeting you too wslam.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Welcome, DSK! I hope you'll post photos of your 25 gallon planted. I had the same 25 gallon tank for decades and am embarrassed now to say that the plants were plastic or silk. BCAquaria (and especially CRS_Fan) introduced me to aquarium plants a few years ago, quite late in my life as a hobbyist, and since then all my tanks have been abundantly planted. Hope to see you around on the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had some anubias, java fern and moss in the tank, but filled the rest of the back in today thanks to rwong2k10's plant package. Still deciding on a foreground plant, but otherwise it's just a matter of letting the plants grow in.

Plant Vertebrate Botany Pet supply Organism

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am an auto mechanic by trade, feel free if you have any Toyota/Lexus questions (I'll try my best to help)... Other vehicles I can help with basic stuff, but not as well versed on technical issues. Euros need not inquire.
Honda guy here, we can trade technical advice :) Totally agree with the Euro thing, we are totally spoiled with Japanese imports.

Welcome back.....

Reactions: DSK
1 - 13 of 13 Posts