British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol first time I did this didn't seem the Reef Scene wasn't that active here...

I am a "Reefer" that lives in Chilliwack....currently have a 36g BF with 29g DIY Sump

Livestock
2 premium picasso clowns. (Juvies)
Skunk Cleaner
Trochus Snails.

RBTA
2 Rhodactis
Plate coral
Candycane
Hammer and Frogspawn.
And about 7 different types of zoas

Only started the tank about 9 months ago (pretty sure I was panicking about my daughter being born and dove head into this hobby! Now it's my second baby lol!)

Would love to meet some local Reefers and maybe potentially talk to someone who knows A LOT about Shell Dwelling Cichlids :) ever since I saw the King OF DIY I have wanted them...just never kept freshwater on this level before.

Here are some pics of my current setup and livestock sorry if sizing is weird I'm on Taptalk

36g BF DT/29g DIY Sump/Fuge

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
I'm pretty sure there's a few reefers that are on BCA, 1 for sure in Chilliwack that I know of. Of course there's quite a few in town as well. Looks like you have a good start there. We have a lot of fresh water people as well to help with any questions you may have. Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
i like your frag racks.
I kept reef tanks for 12 years and used to set them up and maintain them as part of my job for 5 years.
I got out of it about 10 years ago.
I used to know quite a few reefers in Chilliwack but a lot of them have left the hobby.
Or I've lost touch with them.
The only local reefer I know that is still in it is Bill out in Rosedale.
He goes by the username chwkreefer on here.
He's not on here alot but has been in the reef hobby for at least 20 years and really knows his stuff.

I'm looking into getting some african cichlids myself.
They are about the only part of the hobby I have not tried yet.

Dale.

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
There's also Dino in the Wack who's a reefer. I've been keeping sw since the mid-80s, reefing since Finding Nemo, and still have a 165g main display and a 93g cube reef tank, along with numerous fw & brackish tanks.

Anthony

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.

i like your frag racks. - LMAO I'm cheap!!! Eggcrate and Airlie holders :)

Did the Sump and Stand myself too.

Bill out in Rosedale.
He goes by the username chwkreefer on here. - Have actually already met him! Very nice guy my Trochus Snails reproduced in my tank so I gave him some! Lol

I'm looking into getting some african cichlids myself.
They are about the only part of the hobby I have not tried yet. - Awesome Yeah I tend to do things the hardway started the hobby with SW so I am assuming brackish/fresh should be a bit easier! Everything has its learning curves though.

Very nice to meet you!

Dale.
There's also Dino in the Wack who's a reefer. I've been keeping sw since the mid-80s, reefing since Finding Nemo, and still have a 165g main display and a 93g cube reef tank, along with numerous fw & brackish tanks.

Hey nice to meet you I have seen you around I creep on here often....just too see the other side you know lol definitely interested in Cichlids but thats going to take some convincing of the wife and some research.

Would love it if there was enough people into Reefing for some type of annual Frag Swap or meet up of sorts...even if it's hosted in Abby I have met a few people in Abby so far so starting to get a network but the more the marrier!

Anthony
Name is Dakota...28yr old Married....I know my user name is a bit contradictory to keeping fish but I'm a big gamer too and it's my gamer tag lol nice to meet everyone!!!

36g BF DT/29g DIY Sump/Fuge

·
Super Moderator
5,269 Posts
Welcome to BCA, Grimreaperz!

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Best Regards,

Stuart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts